Firearms Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

i am a 49 year old native from our great state of Texas with 3 kids, well not really kids, 26m, 25f and 15m. i served in the U.S.Army for 7 years, acquired the rank of Sgt then got out. personal issues. i have been shooting since i was 6 years old with my first shot being from my Koreran War vet dad's colt 38 Super. kicked the hell outta my little hands but since then i loved the smell of burnt gunpowder and gun oil. i have not stopped since then and have acquired a small collection of firearms which include several rifles and handguns. i have also dabbled in black powder having build 4 guns from kits. its not as nasty or dirty as some people make it out to be. lately i have gotten into the habit of buying bolt guns which are becoming a fave to shoot. i came upon this site while researching a scope for my newest acquisition, a Savage Axis 223. i hope to make more friends in our great state that i may contact, speak to or interact with. thank you.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome from Georgia. Glad you found us. Enjoy. Thank you for your service to our country.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Welcome from central texas. What part of Texas are you from ?

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from Oregon and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx for all the kind welcomes. i am from deep in the south, Brownsville, Tx.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Were you ever caught smokin' in the boys room? Hope not!

Welcome from Penn's Woods!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know its been a while but i've been busy. after 23.5 years as a police officer and homicide detective in my home town, i retired. it was a great run but it was time to rest. i enjoyed serving my fellow citizens and putting criminals where they belong.

·
Supporting Member
2,138 Posts
Welcome to the forum from us all folks here on the edge of America in Charleston SC.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello, Sandman, and welcome from Missouri - and a fellow Army veteran - to a great forum. Loads of info here on all manners of weaponry - enjoy!

·
Supporting Member
13,530 Posts
Sandman,
Welcome to the FTF from the Great Volunteer State of Tennessee!
Also 6 years US Army and retired LE after 27!
Welcome aboard!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts