Howa stock/Weatherby action

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by SeaWolf, Dec 12, 2009.

1. SeaWolf

SeaWolf New Member

I would like to have the Weatherby Mark V action married to the Howa Axiom pistol grip stock in a 300 Weatherby Mag. I'm for accuracy as a base. Will this provide the accuracy equal to the standard Weatherby stock? I like the pistol grip and am surprised Weatherby does not offer this. Is there a better pistol grip stock someone would recommend?

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

The Howa stock won't fit the Weatherby Mk5 action without extensive modfication. You're thinking of the Vanguard action.

3. SeaWolf

SeaWolf New Member

Howa stocks

I like the adjustments of the Howa pistol grip stock, but would consider others that are better for accuracy, any recommendations? I'll consider the Vanguard. I have a Mark V now and it cannot be beat for bullet on bullet accuracy.

4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

You could check HS precision or McMillian to see if they make stocks for the Weatherby Mk5 action. Also Hogue might make 1 with the full length aluminum bedding block. I'm forgetting 1 that's made in Arkansas but can't remember the name offhand.

5. Bolosniper

Bolosniper New Member

B&C makes a Medalist stock for the Weatherby MarkV action. Full length aluminum chassis with an integrated receiver bedding block.