howa rifles good or bad?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by pistol77, Jul 19, 2012.

1. pistol77

pistol77 New Member

im looking at a howa 308 ranchland anybody know if there good or bad?

2. Yunus

Yunus New Member

In my experience and I think you will find others that agree, Howa is a good name for a reliable, safe, accurate rifle. Weatherby Vanguard's are Howa actions. Search some of my first posts and you will find my review of my Howa 1500 .223 and I still shoot it today with excellent results. My only complaint is the weight but I chose a heavy barrel so I would have gotten the same with any rifle I chose.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Not familar with that mdl but YES on the Howa being a good rifle -

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Howa makes some really good rifles at a decent price. fairly accurate, well made and many who own them, love them.

just what is the intended use of it and how much have you set as a budget for the rifle?

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

6. fireguy

fireguy New Member

That should be a dependable shooter. I have the long heavy 1500, but you will have the same action and a good Hogue stock, it'll work fine.

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Great rifles!! I've had one for 15+ years. It is a tack driver.

8. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

Every time someone asks this, I post my last shot with my Howa... which was 6 days ago.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvRrvoO4HR4"]Howa 30-06 at 350 Yards, Tiny Target[/ame]

Took only one shot that day.

9. 00possum

00possum New Member

Look bro, howa is bad @$$. That's all ther is to it. Any howa you get you will be thrilled with.

10. eric1229

eric1229 New Member

Howas are nice rifles. My buddy also has a ranchland and it is a great shooter. I myself have a weatherby vanguard in 270 whis is a howa action and it is an accurate gun. Of course it is just a deer rifle but puts 3 shots in just over an inch. Im sure it can get tighter with handloads too.