Howa 308

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Wouva1, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Wouva1

Wouva1 New Member

G'day people's

This is my very first post so please go easy on me......I live in Australia and considering buying a 308 HOWA for knocking down wild boars,I don't no much in regards to HOWA rifles and there performance but have heard good reports,if anyone could possibly give me a heads up towards this rifle it would be appreciated.....cheers

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Howa is a good brand. My friend hunts boars with one also chambered in .308. Never failed him and he has harvest plenty of boar. I hunt with a CZ-550 in .308. We normally hunt boar at night or on drive hunts.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the Howa is a very good rifle with an excellent reputation. the Howa and the weatherby Vanguard are the same rifle with the exception for the stock. buy it with confidence!

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Strange place for your inquiry. You would get more responses in the general rifle or Hunting threads. The Howa is a VG rifle.
    This would get you off on the right foot. You can always upgrade the scope later.
    http://www.legacysports.com/hogue-nighteater-package

5. Wouva1

Wouva1 New Member

Thanks heaps boys got one on order with the hogue buffalo camo stock in 308 stainless and a Harris bipod,I'm also looking at the Swarovski range of scopes,see how I go.....cheers