Howa 22-250

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jbarnett31, Jun 17, 2013.

1. jbarnett31

jbarnett31 New Member

I'm thinking about buying a howa m1500 22-250 but I don't know much about the howa brand. I'm just looking for info on these guns and if anybody would recommend them. Thanks.

2. cottontop

cottontop Guest

They are good rifles; basically a Weatherby Vanguard.
    ct

3. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Very much so. Way under rated firearm. Buy one and you won't be disappointed.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have considered buying one several times. they tend to get great reviews from those who own them. from all the members here on the forum that own them, i have yet to see anything negative said about them.

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Excellent Rifle. Get the 24" barrel for that caliber.

6. jpattersonnh

I love that avatar!!

7. glewis

glewis New Member

Howa is a very reputable rifle. You will have a difficult time finding criticism posted on a Howa 1500. The two stage triggers are very good. Mine breaks at around 2.5# from the factory.

8. natman

natman Member

Howa made all Weatherby rifles when they were made in Japan. Howa still makes the Weatherby Vanguard, which is the Howa 1500 with a few cosmetic changes. The Howa 1500 was also sold as the Mossberg 1500 and the S&W 1500.

They are good rifles.

9. jbarnett31

jbarnett31 New Member

Thanks for your help guys, the guy is asking $550 for the gun with a cheap scope it's used but good shape, is that a good price for it or should I try and get him to go down? I'm just not familiar with these guns.

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Howa sporting rifles have a 2 stage trigger? The 2 stage trigger was designed for military rifles 100 years ago. Why would a modern sporting arm incorporate such a system?:confused:

11. cottontop

cottontop Guest

JP, aren't we a little old for that sort of thing?
    ct

12. jpattersonnh

Never!! :D

13. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I understand. It's not complicated.
    ct