How will it start and end:shtf:

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by stoppingpower, Dec 13, 2011.

1. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

2. vincent

vincent New Member

It's already started...

3. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Oh yeah do u think it will be chaos do u think it will happen over night.. I wanna hear what u think

4. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Do u think something will just snap and pow next day is s hit

5. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Much like this Country in 1860, we're sitting on huge powder keg of pent-up frustration. The divide between the left and right has grown very wide. My feeling is that it will descend into chaos when someone steps over the line to bully one side or the other. A stolen election, an unreasonable police action or a killing of a movement leader are examples of the type of things that will setoff SHTF.

The rest of the world? Well they're in a world of hurt too!!!

6. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

It is already in its rudimentary stage. And it will become full-blown
    when Wall Street channels our resources into their accounts (pockets) and declare
    America bankrupt and in an irrefutable DEPRESSION. All the while Obama agreeing
    with those who have long since bought this president ... and the next minion to follow.
    The SHTF will be erratic, unfocused, and shocking. I pray there is a fork road prior
    to all of this that will avert the above statement. Fingers crossed here.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  7. vincent

vincent New Member

No, well, if the power would suddenly go out for everyone then yes, it'll take 3 days for most people to lose their morality and shift into me me survival mode. Look at the infrastructure, it's in shambles, bridges, roads, services, all these things are mostly old and outdated, have been ignored and taken for granted and not maintained properly, hell, the "grid" itself is one more stray snake away from a massive, long term outage, now we have to worry about some computer virus that may or may not knock it out for good.

If the welfare funds suddenly "dry up", forget it, especially in the big cities. Look at the incident in Dallas earlier this year, people getting trampled just for the chance to be considered for benefits, disgusting.

When in your lifetime have you heard of so many people "prepping"? Used to be just for a big storm...water, batteries, radio, blankets etc, now , people are stockpiling EVERYTHING, the smart ones anyways.

The gub'mint...we have a very much disliked commander in chief, and yet at this point, his leading challenger is no better, some say even worse. We've been without a real leader for way too long, and it's going to take a big wet bite soon.

Most of the world hates us, enough to die trying to kill us and guess what? We are so severely outnumbered it's scary, it our shores were invaded, we're screwed...no sleight to out fighting men and women, but if we have one bullet for every one of them, they have 10 guns+ammo for every one of us, just theway the numbers pan out...

I all boils down to the almighty dollar, when the money dries up, or is deemed worthless, it's on...

8. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Goid points being made here. Scary thought if u sit down and read the news.. world is messed up and like u said its all about money

A note from the mod. Cleaned up your language. I do that once.

C3 Shooter, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
  9. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

It will be a black swan event, that will tumble the house of cards we are currently sitting on top of.

10. TacticalPrecision

TacticalPrecision New Member

I agree with most of what has been said here already, It's already starting and it's still avoidable currently. I don't think anyone who is going to be responsible for it, or capable of stopping it cares though so I'd say it's more than likely within our lives the government of this country will fall apart and while i'm sure there will be some kind of structure left behind to instil Martial Law until the country can do something I am not going to rely on them to make sure I get power and food or protection. I built an ICF house for kind of the same reasons as I prepare for SHTF. You just don't know what's gonna happen. In Tornado Alley you feel better knowing that if a Tornado hits your house it's capable of withstanding an F4 tornado for the most part, same with SHTF, you feel better knowing you have a bug-out bag and a loaded rifle..just incase.

11. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

I think it will be more of an economic disaster (collapse of the dollar, no utilities etc.) instead of some sort of Civil war. Congress is more to blame for our economic situation than the pres. is (*flame shield activated*) and things are looking grim in the long run.

12. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I agree with the dollar collapse as a possibility...but the civil war could be triggered shortly by that. Most Asian & African nation that had major currency devaluation did not go to civil unrest but I am not sure if Americans will be as "tolerant".

As to who is to be blamed...most of the politicians (all level) as far as I am concerned.

13. bkt

bkt New Member

There are a couple angles that are closely related that could be the catalyst for big problems. One is the ideological polarization in the U.S.: those who embrace big government and collectivism and those who understand property rights. The other is our monetary crisis. They're related because those who want wealth from others are finding that well is running dry all over the world and to a lesser degree in our country.

Given the serious problems in Europe and the dependency China and India have on the U.S., there are any number of ways currency globally can fail. There isn't a solid, stable currency we can all shift to, either.

Will it happen overnight? Probably not without an outside influence like a MAJOR terror attack or some other disaster. Currencies tend to slide in value without a big problem and that's what we're in now; inflation is increasing and will continue to increase until we overhaul our monetary system. At some point, enough people will find they can't live on what they get and that issue - hunger - is what would bring widespread civil problems.

A real SHTF scenario is probably a ways off (I hope) if it happens at all. If our currency fails enough, the ideologues will come out of the woodwork and, particularly collectivists, will demand the government use force to "spread the wealth around a little". How would you feel about having your food stores and precious metals confiscated for the greater good? All you'd have to do is take your token to the municipal food bank to take out your daily ration of your own food. I know that wouldn't flush with me or anyone I know.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Dont forget the prospect of an EMP attack. North Korea probably has or is close to having a delivery system. Iran may have the delivery system and needs to build the bombs. China and Russia have the capability and both are preparing for war. How long could the country survive with the electrical grid destroyed and possibly years before it could be rebuilt? Delivery trucks not running. communications down. Sure whoever did the deed would be annihilated from our hardened and protected missiles if the order could be given and we knew who did it.

15. vincent

vincent New Member

[QUOTE- Sure whoever did the deed would be annihilated from our hardened and protected missiles if the order could be given and we knew who did it.[/QUOTE]

Hence my signature line...

16. downsouth

downsouth New Member

It does seem like the board is being set and the players, (you can name whom ever fits your agenda) are sitting down to the table. As articulated in previous post the problems are large and varied. Economic,political, and just plain hate. It's all there and being used to season the fry pan.

I work in utilities and would like to share some information. An e.m.p would be devasting to our way of life. There is a back door way that also is a great threat to the utility infrastructure. We are doing to ourselves.

SCADA
    SUPERVISORY CONTROL AND DATA AQUSITION

It is the linking of all utilities to a central control system via the internet. This isn't top secret stuff. Just easily overlooked. Google it and you will find plenty of information in trade magazines.
    All someone needs is a laptop,coffee shop wifi, and a hacker. No boom. But everything goes black.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  17. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Ya emp would suck as s

18. bkt

bkt New Member

An EMP attack would only make sense if the U.S. were of no use to any of these nations.

NK is NOT close to having a delivery system. Iran is with its Shahab 4, but it's not big enough to carry a big nuke to altitude. And it doesn't have nukes, yet. But even Iran understands it would not be in its best interest to pop a big-mama nuke 60 miles over North Dakota.

While the possibility of this exists, it seems less likely right now than other less glamorous (?) bad news situations.

19. vincent

vincent New Member

Dude, your're gonna get hammered with the language...plenty of ways to say a word and not actually write it...just sayin'...

20. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I had never heard the term "black swan event". I googled it and my understanding is that it would be a perfect storm type scenerio? Several events and circumstances happing at one time? Or do I need to read some more?