How "weird" canada is

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by kaido, Jan 27, 2012.

1. kaido

kaido New Member

Seen this video and couldn't believe that not only did the RCMP try to have him charged, but that a neighboring resident wanted them to charge him as well.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApfX-RR-GHg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

2. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

She wants the Canada she knew "without all these guns?" Er...Canadians owned quite a few guns before the government decided to disarm every law-abiding citizen. The only time Canadians were "without all these guns" was after the government disarmed everyone.

Some people are just brain-dead.......from the feet up... :mad:

3. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

The woman is simply myopic. No peripheral sense of consciousness. :cool:

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

The women and the RCMP are idiots. The man was justified in what he did. When will people relize the the police cannot be everywhere at the same time and protect you 24/7? A gun can.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

6. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Canada is Antigun and very AntiAmerican. The RCMP you see in movies as good guys with smart dogs is pure BS. Canada is a Police State. I was held at the Port in in Western Canada by the RCMP for having a Concealed Carry Permit, no gun just a permit. They can and do take your wallet and go thru it checking every thing you have. I was held for hours, because Americans with gun permits are criminals in their eyes. I was asked over and over how many handguns I owned. My answer was always that old Anglo-Saxon word for sexual relations. I told them I would no longer answer them until I talked to the U.S. offficals in Canada. They gave it up. I never had that happen in Europe Canada is rabid antigun.:(

7. vincent

vincent New Member

Hey Kaido...Idiot question...the commentary said..."the RCMP reccomended firearm charges be filed but the Crown disagreed..." What is the Crown?

But yeah, not so weird if you asked me. The woman and the cop say things eerily similar to what A LOT of folks do here...and yes, they're BOTH mental midgets..

I thought the "streets will run red with blood" myth was de-bunked years ago...maybe that news got held up in customs...

The jeweler's got big brass ones... I'd stop by to shake his hand too...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  8. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

God what a gaggle of idiots,why are They so anti-gun? Are they so upset that they're America's hat that they must go against anything American,even the police?

"But What if someone innocent had gotten shot"

Oh... you mean like dudes wife who very clearly had a gun pressed against her noggin? Can They not see that the results of bad men carrying a gun for bad reasons isn't indicative of what happens when a good citizen carries a gun for good reasons?

9. jamesb

jamesb New Member

This. How can she say that and not understand that is exactly what could have happened if he had not been armed? Baffled I am.

10. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

The condescending attitudes piss me off. Wanting to defend one's self is treated like a disorder.

11. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

12. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

I travel to Calgary quite often for work and I too get detained at immigration every time for the question and answer session. Although it hasn’t been said, I’m sure the reason is my CCL. (I don’t doubt it but, I have not seen the anti-american)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  13. kaido

kaido New Member

That's one part where I actually couldn't help but let out a chuckle. Just about every farmer I k ow has, at the very least, one unregistered rifle they had before the long gun registry and it's been passed down their family that way. How I look at her reaction, she's never set foot out of the city limits nor does she have any friends who look at firearms in a positive way.

The Crown is basically the highest part of our justice system, not to sure what it would be equivalent to in the states though. But I can gladly say given the chance I'd walk in just to shake his hand too.

That statement messed me up pretty bad too. I'm sure if he wasn't armed with that handgun someone would of taken at least one shot and something tells. E it wouldn't of been the robber.

Simply put, we're a country because no one else is stupid enough to live where it gets down to -40 on a regular basis and the very odd time -78 surfing the windy nights. Haha
    (temps are in F, just for you guys =) )

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Thanks for the temp conversion.
    Rules out Canada for me right then and there.

15. kaido

kaido New Member

Not a problem haha
    I know what you mean there, but thankfully it's only certain parts that get down to those temps. Sadly, my dad decided he wanted me to "see where I'm from" so we moved to Alberta......damn province is the coldest out of all them. Other parts have a hard time getting down to -4F before the wind.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

I think I'm inclined to stay in the deep south, where I MAY have to tolerate + 5 on the very worst single day every 5 or so years.
    So far we have barely dipped below freezing on a few nights.

I say so far because January is usually the worst down here, but right now I'm sitting outside in a short sleeved tee shirt. Heck, a few days ago I broke out my flip flops.

17. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

A week or two ago it was like 65 degrees,not a cloud in the sky. This years winters been kinda hit or miss. I've only seen frozen water on the ground once so far,maybe were skipping winter... I sure hope so

18. kaido

kaido New Member

You guys can quit bragging an making me jealous now.
    We've been below freezing for about 2-3 weeks straight now and that's just not normal to us. Usually we're below freezing at the start of November at stay that way until spring.

19. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Trip you may want to consider that old meat keeps longer in a freezer.:D

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

Are you calling me old? :)