How We Got Here

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jlbats, Nov 21, 2008.

1. jlbats

jlbats New Member

:eek:and so ,, my wife and i decided ,,, to have a weapon or two around the house ,,, would be a good thing ,,, personal protection and all that ,, not knowing much about fire arms ,, did not know what to buy ,,, being a auto mechanic.... i came across a chance to trade auto work ....for a colt 38 police special ,,,,and and,,, great plains, 50 cal,, black powder rifle we have gone out to the desert with the 38 a few times ... and did some target pratice big fun ,,,, i need to go to the black powder forum ...and get some instruction on loading,, and cleaning...and powder supplies,,, before we fire that big monster off but im looking foreward to that later JB

2. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Glad to have you here. I am not sure however that a black powder rifle is a great choice for personal protection. Fun as hell to shoot though.:D Enjoy the site and its tons of info.

3. ScottG

ScottG New Member

If you want black powder, get a bp handgun, they don't have to go through the NICS check. Plenty of people can testify - if they could speak - that a bp handgun is still effective as a personal defense weapon....