How tough is your other half??

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JonM, Aug 19, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

the wife and i went to the range today and we get there get all our stuff setup. cease fire is called to attend targets so we head out to the 100 yard line to set up the targets. she picks up her backboard and pisses off a nest of wasps which proceed to sting the crap out of her trigger hand. they nail her a good bit, she's hopping around swatting em away. i run over to see how she is doing.

she says she is ok but it hurts. her hand starts to puff up but she goes to stapling her target up anyway. i ask her if she is sure she wants to keep going and says yes its what we came for.

we get back to the firing line and the range officer and some of the regulars ask her what happened she explains about getting stung. and heads to the bench and proceeds to put 30 rounds with her bcm ar15 and aimpoint T1 into a 5 inch circle...

im pretty sure the regular's opinion of her raised quite a bit :)

after we left she said she wasnt about to let those old guys think she was a weeny!!

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

She is quite a woman. Impressive indeed.

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I know my better half is tough. We used to play co-ed softball and ZG played 3rd base. A guy hits a bullet at her and blows right through her glove. The shortstop got the ball and we get out of the inning, but ZG threw her glove to the ground. I come running in from the outfield to see and she shows me her hand. I looked and her pinky finger is pointed backwards toward her. One of the girls on the team popped it back and ZG still played the whole game. I told her "I love her, but I wasn't going to pop her finger back." The guy told her he was going to put her lower in the roster to let her rest a little longer.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Thats awesome!! good job to her for being strong!!

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

In both situations, I'd cry like a baby. :(

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

Crying isnt the issue. Would you still cowboy or cowgirl up and drive on?? Im betting you would

7. winds-of-change

The bee stings, maybe. The funky finger, no. :eek:

8. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

About 3 months after we got married, my wife managed to slam her hand in the gap between the door and the cab of my 91 Chevy, latching it shut over three of her fingers. After about 30 seconds of the worst profanity I had heard at that point in my life, (remeber, I was raised by a Marine) she leaned her other shoulder into the door, lifted the handle, and popped it open. She had me reset her fingers, and drove to the hospital to get checked out. Came back with two of them taped up and splinted. The only complaint she had was that she would have to make up two weeks in the winter archery league waiting for her fingers to heal.

Do I think she's tough? The fact that she puts up with me should be answer enough.

9. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Damn!!

All of you should be darn proud!

Them some all American women.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I knew it was love when she carved "I Love you" in the steering wheel of my car with a switchblade.

11. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

I've seen my wife fight, give birth, and deal with my stupidity for ten years. If that isn't enough i don't know what is, but i came home after a urgent call from her, somthing about the kid getting beat up (my 8 yr old daughter mind you) i rush home find her in a crowd of people the mother of the 11 yr old Boy that pushed her down and broke her tooth was arguing with my wife. The lady had about 3 or 4 other women their and had a broom in her hand. Just as i walked up the lady cocked the broom back and my wife stepped right up to her face and asked her to please give her the excuse she needed. Chick backed down real quick. You never wanna mess with mama bear lol

12. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I seen my wife had contraction (did i use the right word?) for 12 hours, gave birth, manages her restaurant & employees during hard times and very smart to make me sincerely buying her LV handbags.

I love her so much and can't live withouy her and my 5 months baby boy.

13. winds-of-change

That right there.........

14. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trade mine for anything. She'll take a lickin and keep on tickin. She's even a better shot than I. But, she's deadly allergic to bee stings :(

15. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Mine was up and walking (up and down the stairs and driving) the day after we came home from the hospital with both our kids and they were both C-sections. I think I'd a lot more rest if I had just had my guts cut open. She had double bunion surgery one summer, even though the Doc said do one at a time. She also recently had a molar pulled and a bone graft done and I was impressed with how well she did. I don't handle dentist visits very well at all. She's a tough old bird.

16. woody63m

woody63m New Member

I met my wife in the army she was psy ops. She is one tough cookie and she can shoot better then me. It was very embarassing the first time we went to the range we were dating still and i brought her with some of my buddies she picks up my ar and out shot me it was a sad sight the guys never let me live that one down

17. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Them ladies are tough but mines given me 4 healthy children with no pain killers, n spinal tap do-hickeys...or whatever there called...natural birth all 4 times. :eek:

I've endured MANY 25 mile road marches toting over 100 lbs of gear and weapons. Anyone who's done this knows the gut check required to keep going when the blisters keep speeding with every step and the ruck feels like it's hanging onto your traps with meat hooks but I still don't think it tops natural childbirth...

And she ELECTED to do it 4 times!

I'd say I'm a fairly strong guy but I've never stepped out on a 25 mile march by choice.

Hats off to her!

Tack

18. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

That's pain that none of us guys will ever know about. Kudos to your wife man.

19. g23shooter

g23shooter New Member

My wife is from Cambodia and we have been together over 23 years. When she was 22 and Pol Pot took over they took her families land and assets, took her then current husband in the middle of the night and he never came home. She lost about 6 other family members during that time. She was forced into a labor camp with her daughter, then maybe 3 or 4 years old. She survived that and took her Daughter along with the company of about 200 others and trekked over 100 mies on foot through the jungle and unimproved road to Thailand with her child on her back. On that walk she was able to see and walk through what we have come to know as the Killing Fields. According to her they had lost more than 100 people t mines and sickness. After 2 years in Thailand and 1 year in the Philippines. Then getting sponsored to the US and 7 years later she earned her Citizenship.

Is my wife tough? No recent displays, she acts I suppose as many women do in a day to day basis. However if the SHTF I have no doubt I would probably be the one trying to catch up to her as she has proven that she is a survivor.

20. winds-of-change

My "other half" was not tough at all.

When the going got tough, he left. :mad: