Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My thinking is "the only good Ammo is that Ammo I HAVE *WITH* me!

When circumstances insist , my plan is "Grab the SKS.... and get going".

On this part of the Blue Planet, we our legally allowed only 5 round Mags. We are allowed "Stripper clips" - = those slightly curved metal things that allow 5 rounds to be loaded on, then "stripped in one push down into an empyty MAgazine.

My question is " how to carry them so they be ready to go. (Your standard ammo belt doesnae seem to fit this bill)

I kinda imagine a vest with little slit pockets that these clips can sit down, then be grabbed and loaded.

What do others do ? think?
Question comments welcomed as ever.

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
If you've bought any Mosins, you usually get a couple of leather

cartridge holders for a standard belt.

Amusing little relics. And wadddayaknow, they still work...

·
Registered
46 Posts
They actually have stripper clip holding bandoleers, but i would go with wolf's avenue and buy the Mosin double ammo holder device things. They work, easy to carry and cheap. You can find them for less than $1 most places, jgsales might have them online, havent check in awhile.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If you've bought any Mosins, you usually get a couple of leather

cartridge holders for a standard belt.

Amusing little relics. And wadddayaknow, they still work...
Oh is that what that is?

Don't try loading them into a ammo can & expect them to stay on the strippers. It's not going to happen!
You don't need to ask me how I know this.;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
7.62 Man said:
Oh is that what that is?

Don't try loading them into a ammo can & expect them to stay on the strippers. It's not going to happen!
You don't need to ask me how I know this.;)
I've never had a problem with the SKS strippers in my mosin ammo carriers, unless you're throwing them at people as a form of defense... IMO they should be pretty snug insode the pouch, shouldnt move. But thats just with my style of clips, damn chinese steel, always holding on to everything.

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
Nice photos, guys.

The el cheapo cloth sewn ones that military surplus 5.56 ammo comes in has always seemed sufficient to me. $7.95 on the internet. But they're free when you buy a can of the surplus ammo. I vaguely recall they have 7 pockets and hold 2 clips each, for a total of 140 rounds.

The Chinese however do seem to have come up with a more durable canvas version though.

That's probably because 7.62 is heavier than 5.56 ammo.

Never knew those Chinese ones existed.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...HH8bfsQKB_cC_AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CHQQ9QEwAQ&dur=411

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
My SKS clips wont fit in a Mosin pouch... But my clips are for 10 rds; I didnt know there was such a thing as a 5 rd clip for a SKS?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,147 Posts
They make pebble-grained SKS pouches similar in function to Mosin Pouches, made specifically for SKS strippers. I have several laying around somewhere. They outlasted my SKSs. They are about 6" wide and 2" wide and 2" tall. I beleive the ones I have are Chinese.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Trez said:
My SKS clips wont fit in a Mosin pouch... But my clips are for 10 rds; I didnt know there was such a thing as a 5 rd clip for a SKS?? :confused:
You basically take a 10 rounder, cut it in half and you have 5 rounders. There are youtube videos to show how to do it, but the idea is that it makes it legal to take an SKS hunting, granted you buy a mag that only holds 5 rounds

1 - 11 of 11 Posts