How to wear / carry "Stripper clips" ?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Scare_Rab, May 28, 2012.

1. Scare_Rab

Scare_Rab New Member

My thinking is "the only good Ammo is that Ammo I HAVE *WITH* me!

When circumstances insist , my plan is "Grab the SKS.... and get going".

On this part of the Blue Planet, we our legally allowed only 5 round Mags. We are allowed "Stripper clips" - = those slightly curved metal things that allow 5 rounds to be loaded on, then "stripped in one push down into an empyty MAgazine.

My question is " how to carry them so they be ready to go. (Your standard ammo belt doesnae seem to fit this bill)

I kinda imagine a vest with little slit pockets that these clips can sit down, then be grabbed and loaded.

What do others do ? think?
    Question comments welcomed as ever.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

If you've bought any Mosins, you usually get a couple of leather

cartridge holders for a standard belt.

Amusing little relics. And wadddayaknow, they still work...

4. Sickofnotliving

Sickofnotliving New Member

They actually have stripper clip holding bandoleers, but i would go with wolf's avenue and buy the Mosin double ammo holder device things. They work, easy to carry and cheap. You can find them for less than $1 most places, jgsales might have them online, havent check in awhile.

5. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

Oh is that what that is?

Don't try loading them into a ammo can & expect them to stay on the strippers. It's not going to happen!
    You don't need to ask me how I know this.;)

6. Sickofnotliving

I've never had a problem with the SKS strippers in my mosin ammo carriers, unless you're throwing them at people as a form of defense... IMO they should be pretty snug insode the pouch, shouldnt move. But thats just with my style of clips, damn chinese steel, always holding on to everything.

7. Kalash1138

Kalash1138 New Member

8. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

Nice photos, guys.

The el cheapo cloth sewn ones that military surplus 5.56 ammo comes in has always seemed sufficient to me. $7.95 on the internet. But they're free when you buy a can of the surplus ammo. I vaguely recall they have 7 pockets and hold 2 clips each, for a total of 140 rounds.

The Chinese however do seem to have come up with a more durable canvas version though.

That's probably because 7.62 is heavier than 5.56 ammo.

Never knew those Chinese ones existed.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...HH8bfsQKB_cC_AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CHQQ9QEwAQ&dur=411

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  9. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

My SKS clips wont fit in a Mosin pouch... But my clips are for 10 rds; I didnt know there was such a thing as a 5 rd clip for a SKS?? :confused:

10. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

They make pebble-grained SKS pouches similar in function to Mosin Pouches, made specifically for SKS strippers. I have several laying around somewhere. They outlasted my SKSs. They are about 6" wide and 2" wide and 2" tall. I beleive the ones I have are Chinese.

11. Sickofnotliving

You basically take a 10 rounder, cut it in half and you have 5 rounders. There are youtube videos to show how to do it, but the idea is that it makes it legal to take an SKS hunting, granted you buy a mag that only holds 5 rounds