How to tell you're whipped...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BenLuby, Apr 4, 2012.

1. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Well, I went to town today, fully intent on buying myself a scope for my AR that I am finishing up on the assembly, and the only part I wanted left, was the red dot sight and magnifier.
    While at my LGS, I am waiting on the clerk to dig up a rail riser, and happened to look up. And there it was.
    My wife is a lover of the old Henry Rifles, and a huge fan of .22's as well. And there sat a brand spanking new .22 Henry Rifle Golden Boy.
    Long story short, instead of going home with a very nice red dot? My wife got her anniversary present early. I ordered a cheap red dot to hold me over until I can scrounge up enough money. Only and utter idiot pays $500 for a .22...wait...guess I'm that idiot. (Wife is absolutely ecstatic, by the way.)

2. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Congrats on the golden boy. Sorry about the optics. Lol. I javef done things like this. It's worth the look on the wifes face when she opens/receives her gift. Good husband!

Thomas

3. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

29th Anniversary. She deserves a yacht after putting up with me that long, but ah well.
    You're right. The look was worth it. Now to figure out what to get her next. I was thinking matching ammo...

4. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Matching ammo would be great. I feel sorry for my wife married for 1 year been together 5. I don't know how she does it. Lol! Congrats on the anniversary!

Thomas

5. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Ben, it sounds like you made a good investment.:)

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Good boy! You have learned well!

If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!:p

7. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Ain't that the truth!! She tells me to beat a kid, I don't even ask. I learned very early on who was in charge, in spite of the illusion put forward in public.

8. rbmorris

rbmorris New Member

You and I are both lucky to have wives who would appreciate getting a new gun. The trick is guessing the RIGHT gun.

9. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

She's always loved lever actions and .22. The Henry is, as far as I am concerned, the pinnacle of the lever action made in this day and age, and they are simply works of art.
    Plus, I listen to her when I am browsing and looking for 'me', I dig to see what she wants. Otherwise, I would have no clue.

10. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

lol, good job keeping the wife happy. Maybe now she won't mind you buying MORE guns. :D

11. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Well, here's a picture of her new Henry.

[​IMG]

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

13. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Appreciated JTJ. Gonna be shooting with a red dot for a bit, just to see how I like it, then I'm going to decide if I want a regular scope or a magnifier and better red dot.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I use the Bushnell Trophy version of this. At 1X with the reticle turned on, you have a red dot. You can crank it up to 4X and you still have a scope if the battery fails. I hate being battery or electronics dependent.

15. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I like that idea. How is it for acquisition and speed?

16. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You are not whipped. You are a kind, unselfish and considerate husband. I've looked at a Henry lever repeater myself quite recently. I'm going to have to buy my own, though. :(

17. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Winds, I'm southern. I proudly proclaim my whippedness. She's my best friend and wife, all the good things that make it fun to get up and eager to go to bed. I don't use 'whipped' as an insult. It's a badge of honor.

18. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

"Whipped" is not an insult, It is just another way of saying "smart, sensitive, and observant." All good qualities, and a badge of honor.

For my wifes birthday this year, I bought a wrecked 1997 Dakota for her and fixed it up. 4X4, 318, Sport package, extended cab. The one she wanted for the last year. She loves it. As a result of this, she took me down to our LGS and told me that I was not allowed to leave without atleast ordering one of the rifles I have been coveting for the last six months. My left handed Ruger Gunsite Scout should be in by the end of next week.

Congrats on 29 years with your best friend Ben. My best friend and I have been together for ten, and are looking forward to many more. As you already know, do for her, and she will do for you.;)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  19. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Yep. Now I am on the prowl for a cheap left handed bolt action for our son. He wants to have a 'mad minute' with me.

20. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

And kfox, congrats on the decade, truck and the new rifle!! Enjoy all three, but REALLY enjoy the time with the Mrs.