Firearms Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy two new pistols. One in 9mm and one in 45 to round out my collection. I want one full size and one compact/sub compact. Right now the leading combo is looking like a kahr cw45 and a full sized m&p 9. Anyone have a combo I should look at instead? I would like to buy american and still get the beat bang for my buck. Thanks and best regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a bit later down the road... Right now I am trying to have reliable weapons for home/self defense and a range gun.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I think you'll be happy w/ the S&W M&P 9mm

as for the .45 ... typically you'd go for a 1911, but as for finding it made in America, and on a ~$450 budget, I don't think you're going to find one other than the Kahr. I could be wrong of course, but nothing is coming to mind

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
My first. 45 was a Remington r1 for $650. Is say go one pistol at a time and really enjoy them. And my vote is still for the custom 1911. You'll love it more than any other pistol probably

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ScottA said:
Shoot, if you can make those two fit inside $900 then go for it.
At my lgs kahr is 379 m&p is 500. I know after tax and background checks I am over but I can justify that to the wife pretty easy I just can be over 900 before hand.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
potentialglock said:
You can find an M&P for cheaper than $500
Hell I can't find one even for 500

I want to shop wherever you shop

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Taurus makes a decent 1911 , I picked up a remington and the taurus the other day and the remmy had a little more play in the slide , same with the barrel bushing , and the remmy was $175 more and was just blued the Taurus was stainless .
Ruger makes the SR45 that gun felt best in my hands of every gun I picked up and got a feel for the other day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts