How to handle "Wilding" while in a crowd.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by H2oWerker, Jul 12, 2011.

1. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

To refrain from completely hijacking the "Wisconsin Castles" thread I'm starting this one to discuss multiple BG's in crowds.

WILDING: (excerpt from urban dictionary dot com)
    "a slang term that refers to the practice of marauding in bands to terroize strangers and to swagger and bully"

I try not to go any where that large crowds are gathered to celebrate anything. I do so because the odds of needing to take a defensive posture are much higher than I like. It does happen occasionally, and recent local events have brought the reality of needing a plan have come to mind.

http://www.jsonline.mobi/news/milwaukee/125027704.html?ua=iphone&dc=smart&c=y

I do not think given the number of people gathered at that park, and the parks location in a residential area. That I could've drawn down on the thugs given the situation (that I wasn't in), but have begun to consider getting a taser (legal in WI w/ CCW) for those occasions that I am going to be in a crowd.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Absent a firearm, a knife will work much better if utilized correctly, is much quieter and the sight of lots of blood has always been a proven crowd dispersal. :cool:

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I would be more hesitant to use a tazer in a crowd than some bear-specific pepper spray. Non-contact tazers (with the lil barbs & such) leave ID tags for tracing when they are used; pepper spray doesn't. Stun guns (contact-type tazer) don't leave such ID tags.

4. FatPat

FatPat New Member

While I'm not adverse to cutting someone as long as I could have legally shot them (I believe the criteria is the same, yes?), knives have some serious drawbacks aside from the tactical ones.

Here in GA, our GWCL (Georgia Weapons Carry License) covers blades over 5". But, it seems every burgh and burough has its' own restrictions on blade length. I think it's 3" in Atlanta. It's very confusing.

ETA: What about batons? Like an ASP? What are the legalities?

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

in wisconsin batons are or will be legal in november

6. orangello

orangello New Member

What about pom poms?

[​IMG]

Public Enemy #1
    [​IMG]
    Her shoulder holster
    [​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't let it pass. :p

7. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I hate being in large crowds, but when I get stuck in one I like to have a knife just for CQB. Then again your fist works perfectly when you hit some in the right spot, less blood and some people just need a good ass kicking.

8. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

Hu-HA! awesome pics, and actually not a bad idea. Really who'd think that that chrome'd pipe w/ the colorful tassels would be used as a defensive weapon against them? WHACK!!!

I was also thinking blanks. Most of the inner-city hooligans participating in this type of marauding have seen the immediate effect of a shooting. Or know of someone suffering the long term effects.
    So I'm wondering...how likely is it, that after a couple shots into the night sky, they will RUN FOR THEIR LIVES? And I wouldn't have to worry about where the slugs (bullets not Slimy Little Urban Gut Sacks) fall.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

why waste magazine/cylinder space on fake bullets??

non lethal is fine for police, military and civilian, who have a use of force doctrine. civilians only have self defense in threat of death or severe boily harm. civilians are not required to apprehend goblins.

i can tell you this if your in the middle of a gang mobbing and you taser one the rest will prolly shove that taser down your throat and beat you to death with your baton or slit your throat. the type of slime that makes up these mobs are very familiar with hand to hand combat and mob attacks.

they are not familar with a proper usage of firearms in self defense.

10. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

Yeah you are probably right about the taser/stun-gun/baton/knife being used against a single person standing up for them-self and others.

And you do have a valid point about wasting valuable space inside a clip on non-rounds. (is there a term for nonlethal ammo I should know?)

I have witnessed their unfamiliarity w/ gun control at the firing range many times... Very sad. And explains why so many unintended victims are shot.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

we prolly seen the same gang goblins at the same ranges if your in the milwaukee free fire zone

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Urban Skeet?

Attached Files:

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

The money spent on a Taser would be better spent on a defensive firearms class.

Even in a mob where there are bystanders, there are ways to get the job done.

14. Reaper61

Reaper61 New Member

My Dad always told me dont bring anything to a fight that you aren't ready to be used against you.

15. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I think it would be more like reverse Trap, targets coming straight at you.