How to Get The Mentally Ill Off The Street....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Rocky7, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

The biggest problem with this is (hear-say)..! The wrong people talking and the wrong people listening....!

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Wait, so that was money for the bus? Written instructions people, dang!

[wonders if they stole the idea from that Southpark episode about the homeless and bussing them off to CA.]

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Uh, would that work for the democatic voters from last election?

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Are there international busses we could pitch-in on for those people?

6. blindshooter

blindshooter New Member

A good start would be to build an electric fence around Washington D C and New York City and don't let them out.

7. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

This is the kind of care people with mental illness receive?

No wonder, we can't keep weapons out of their hands, we have places that just foist them off on other communities, with the attitude of, "Oh well, that's somebody else's problem now."

We can't protect the citizenry, if we don't care enough to help those in need of psychiatric care.

Mental illness is no joke, it is the cause of events like Columbine, VA Tech., Sandy Hook, Aurora, Tucson..........the list goes on and on.

Everyone of you has seen the anger and frustration built up in so called sane people here on issues that upset them. Imagine that times 1000, with a person that has seriously impaired judgement.

We are doomed to more events like those listed above as long as we choose apathy and complacency toward the mentally ill, over caring for them and protecting us and them from themselves.

8. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Indeed, it isn't.

There is so much focus on guns that real stories - and perhaps some ways to make progress - are ignored.

The talking heads say: "If it bleeds, it leads.". I would add: "If it doesn't make a "Bang", it has nothing to do with violent crime." It's a crazy world.

9. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

...where they blended into the local populations seamlessly.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Instead of building a fence between Mexico and the US, how about one around Kalifornicate and Shikago?

11. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

This is nothing new. Years ago when my sister was confined in a Psyc ward due to a TBI, the lead social worker told us a large percentage of those in the ward were from other than NY. Many were fresh off the bus, imports that other states that gave cheap one way tickets to NY instead of Mental Health Services, they had instruction sheets to point them in the right direction once they get here.

Not just Mental health, welfare as well. We give away to outsiders more than they could get in their own states so they come here for help or parish where they are. I think its a pretty sick and sad policy for the places that do that.

12. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

It is sick for the mentally ill, certainly.

As for slackers, I guess I disagree. A former Premier (aka Governor) of Alberta, Ralph Klein, announced that welfare cases would have to attend in person to pick up their cheques soon after he took office. In the first month, 30,000 people didn't show up (or didn't exist). Then he announced that all the able-bodied would either take whatever jobs were available or take a bus ticket to the Left Coast, where slackers were subsidized. Many left and never came back.

He was affectionately known as "King Ralph". I sure wish he was still in charge. He was just like us and not afraid to say so.

13. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

New rule by "PROXY" ,(BANG).! All , whom may commit any crime of violence shall be required to shout at maximum volume , (BANG)..!

So,s , next time you stab or bludgeon some one to oblivion , (BANG)..! Just remember kiddies , we got,s a reputation to up-hold..! No matter the weapon of choice , just(BANG)..! :confused:

14. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

How to get the mentally ill off the street?

Open a Walmart. ;)