How to get concealed carry permit in maryland

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by mrbirdguy, Jul 15, 2010.

1. mrbirdguy

mrbirdguy New Member

Li live in maryland and was wondering how I cold learn more about getting the concieled carry permt
    Would maby possably like to get it?

2. Ruger44

Ruger44 New Member

I live in Pa, and from what I understand it's very hard to get one in that state. Md is firearm unfriendly! My advice would be to move to Pa, Va, or WV if you want to stay in the Md area. CC permit in Md? Fhagheddaboutit!!!!

3. RTMiller

RTMiller New Member

Run for Governor (and win).

4. GoBlue

GoBlue New Member

I left Maryland as fast as I could after my discharge from the Marine Corps and now live in Michigan.

When I lived there (and I doubt this has changed) the ability to get a permit was predicated by your own ability to heap together a dragon's hoard of wealth AND establish connections with the politically powerful in the state.

Getting is permit is really a matter of becoming one of the good 'ol boy elite. Entrance into that club is very expensive. Much more expensive than moving.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

NGH (Not gonna happen). Sorry, Bro- but less than 1% of the MD CCW licenses are issued other than for a business reason. It is an expensive process- you have to buy at LEAST two judges and a Senator.

6. Fleetman

Fleetman New Member

I agree with Ruger44.....I just moved to Pa from Texas (just this week actually!) Although I will be working in Maryland, we decided upon Pa due to Maryland's archaic gun laws and the commute, although long, will be worth not giving up a freedom both of us enjoy. I lived in Maryland for twenty-five years and didn't look back when I left....Texas opened a whole new world for us.

7. RTMiller

RTMiller New Member