how to fill in words or icons with any color

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by Ultimate_sig, May 30, 2012.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I recently learned how to fill in words like the safe and fire on ars and i filled in the 1911 o. My sig

ForumRunner_20120530_085654.jpg

ForumRunner_20120530_085654.jpg

Attached Files:

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Looks sharp. Why did you use?

3. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

You wouldve never of guessed but i used nail polish

4. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Heres what you need; nonaccetone nail polish remover, rubbing alchool, and desired color nail polish and papper towel.

1. Pour alchool on paper towel and rub down desired area, this is to clean the surface.

2. Paint over the letter or emblem you want changed, put it on nice and thick but not dripping think.

3. put som non accetone polish remover on a paper towel and run over the area you paintef to get the extra off.

4. Use the rubbing alchool to clean agian.

And your product will look like mine. Last night was the first time ive ever done it, thats how easy it is

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Well done sir, looks good :)

6. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Thank you, im thinking of changing the blue,to red or white it holds up better i think. Do yiu think the blue looks good, tried for the batman theme

7. Minnesotalean

Minnesotalean New Member

What if it has acetone?

8. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

i would have guessed, we been doing this on Glocks for years and years. People were doing it long before the Glocks too.

Looks good though, most people make a mess of it

9. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

If you use acetone it will eat up your finished

10. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Thanks i took my time, im ocd and if it doesnt come out right ill redo the whole thing. I almost went american flag on it, that wouldve been pretty sick

11. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

You mean the nail polish, or the actual finish? The acetone should not affect the firearm finish unless you leave it sitting on there. I use it for cleanup constantly. I'm covered in it most the day.

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

on most metal surfaces like aluminum, the finish is anodized and acetone will not harm it. maybe some polymer pistols it might affect the plastic. it might even remove paint, but not anodizing and most AR's have anodized finishes.

13. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

It won't affect polymer either unless you drop the frame in a bucket of the stuff and leave it a while

14. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Good to know i was just telling yall the safe way i was told, id be a mad sob if i listen to someone and effed up one of my guns. All my stuff is $1000 and up. Cheapest thing i own cost me $1050

15. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

Caution is always the best road. I paint / finish / customize an average of 20-30 guns a week thats the only reason I can speak so confidently on the matter.

16. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Awsome, whats a really good tuff finish that wont cheap or scratch for my saiga shotgun

17. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

Duracoat. When done right and properly cured the stuff is incredible.

18. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I used to use nail polish. Then found out people been using "Textor" enamel paint than nail polish. Bought the kit for $13.80 with free shipping from Amazon. The kit comes with 8 colors, a brush and a paint remover.
    I recommend them for color filling firearms. Colors are bright and long lasting.

19. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Awsome...i love this forum