How time flies.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by txpossum, May 23, 2013.

1. txpossum

txpossum New Member

When I lived in Fort Worth, I used to occasionally set up at gun shows; first with I had my ffl, then later I sold knives, mostly Bark River.

This was my sometimes helper.

Attached Files:

2. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Today my stepdaughter turned 18. My god, where does the time go.

Attached Files:

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I thought that avatar was an avatar.

4. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Nope. The Punch Cigar company used to come around my cigar shop every couple of years and do the photos, with the background that made it look like their ads.

5. MisterMcCool

The shadow looks like the penguin from the old batman shows.

6. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I used to set the kid up with a bunch of cheap knives, and Cindy ordered a bunch of inexpensive jewelry and gee-gaws so the kid could have her own little section to sell stuff. Sometimes she did better than I did.

Attached Files:

7. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

tell me about it, this weekend it'll be 14 years since I graduated high school. one of my nieces turns 16 this year & went to her first prom a couple weeks back.

seems like just a year or 2 ago I was at my prom

8. MisterMcCool

I have one granddaughter and another due in October. I have no false assumptions of youth. Just memories.

9. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I'll bet in your mind your stepdaughter still looks like she did in that second picture! :)

10. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Soon it will be 38 years since I finished high school and 31 years since I left the Navy.

11. txpossum

txpossum New Member

She'll always be eight years old to me. Just like those car commercials where the father is giving the daughter advice on how to drive for the first time.

12. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Txpossum I agree time flies and they sure grow up fast?

Our oldest Son is nearly 25 and our baby of the family,she will soon be 19?? It seems like just yesterday I was walking them to meet the school bus,now my daughter drives a Prius to school :) lol

How time flies?

13. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

One day I slept a most peaceful slumber and dreamt of a future with auhhh and wonder to awaken THIS...! WT FRACK...?:confused:

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

it is funny how time has slipped by so quickly. yesterday, was but a short time ago and i was full of dreams and goals. now facing older age, the aches and pains, the one thing that i have are my memories of the past.

my body is about used up, scarred and mended from the breaks, but no regrets, because it's been one helluva a ride so far! and i ain't giving in just yet!

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I recognize you. My son in law and I used to make the Fort Worth show years ago.:)

16. txpossum

txpossum New Member

It's a small world. I always enjoyed those gun shows.

17. steve666

steve666 New Member

I just had a birthday a couple of weeks ago, and this thread caused me to realize just how old I've gotten. It's been over 40 years ago since I came back to the world and was discharged from the Marine Corps. And 44 since I graduated from High School.

18. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Son graduates from 8th grade next week. On to high school. What the hell happened to 14 years??? Kids definitely gauge time for you.

19. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I'm fighting time right now. Good thread!

20. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Started feeling my age the day I saw one of those signs at the cash register- "You must have been born by this date in 1989 to buy beer"- and realized THAT was when I RETIRED from the Army! :eek:

BTW, that is a beautiful young lady- congratulations!

And if you get the the grandpa stage- they are more fun than the kids were! At my daughter's wedding reception, I wound up dancing with my two year old great grandaughter- and we both had a good time.