How Second Amendment Are You?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by partdeux, Feb 9, 2020.

1. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

No one believes that they are infallible. They are, IMHO, often wrong.

But, like it or not, they are always SUPREME.
    There is no appeal from their rulings.

JRDallas and W.T. Sherman like this.
  2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Thankfully President Trump has ordered federal prosecutors to tighten up on federal firearms violations. The Federal court for the western district of Oklahoma has a compact with state and local law enforcement folks. That court appears to target felons who use firearms in crimes and those subject to orders of protection who possess firearms. BTW: Oklahoma laws are very weak on protection of domestic partners who have restraining orders.

Click on news at the link:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdok/pr

This guy threatened his ex wife with a firearm and got ten years at club fed for possession and lying on the 4473.

https://www.kswo.com/2019/12/18/duncan-man-sentenced-owning-guns-while-under-protective-order/

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

This morning you were ready to burn your flag and renounce citizenship, what happened since then to change your mind?

Ghost1958 likes this.
  4. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Respectfully, bringing up things like having sex with children is a red herring argument .
    There is no constitutional right to have sex with a child. Or at all.

5. Ghost1958

Actually I have quite a bit of experience with criminals.

That said. It isnt relevant if out of an entire nation one city managed to catch a few armed felons committing some crime.
    On the whole every gun regulation ever passed has failed miserably , except to add hurdles to the law abiding to do something no gov has constitutional authority to interfere with.

But I've learned long ago that pointing out that the 2A clearly prohibits any gov from interfering with the RTKABA is useless.

So. I'll step out of this discussion now.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

We haven't had the election yet. And he who is too precious to be named isn't president yet.

7. Ghost1958

Just a side note that cant be passed up because it is so blatantly wrong.
    If the SCOTUS ruled that banning free felons is unconstitutional, violating the 2A ,no state law that prohibited free felons from possessing guns would stand.

States can ignore acts of congress.

They cannot ignore constitutional amendments such as the 2A.

ALL state laws banning a free felons RTKABA would be void .

8. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

So, I do have to ask - where have you worked as a CO?
    In 18 years behind the wire in Arizona I have NEVER seen any released inmate cry about leaving his "friends" behind, and that includes medium, close and max custody. Maybe the minors do that, but the only time I saw that was when a minor graduated to adult prison and realized no more milk and cookies, but belly chains and gas. We do a LOT of rehabilitation and are actively working to lower the recidivism rate, the goal is 25 in 10, 25% in 10 years, as it is a long process to change thinking. We have classrooms everywhere and the amount of programming we do is incredible.
    Do I think any convicted felon should be given rights back automatically? No, but they should have a method to earn them back ,unless they are a career criminal, i.e., been down more than once.
    Fully half of inmates in my state are in for 6 months or less. 96% of all inmates will be released someday. The best we do as COs and programs staff to keep them out as productive citizens, the better we all are in this state and the nation.
    For those who might be interested in real numbers, please look at this report from Arizona for a snapshot.
    https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/REPORTS/CAG/2020/cagjan-20.pdf

Edit to add - in all these years I have met two inmates I wouldn't worry if they were behind me with a loaded firearm. They'd get my attention and say, "Hey, I'm not supposed to have this..."
    I have also met many that should never be allowed access to staples. A straightened, sharpened staple, tied to a bit of fluff, puffed through a rolled up piece of paper, becomes a dart, a favorite weapon in lock down, usually with the sharp end dipped in feces, urine, semen, etc.

locutus likes this.
  9. RKtullahoma

RKtullahoma Well-Known Member Supporter

Falsification on a 4473 DOES carry a max of 10 years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. That's been the case for at least twelve years... it's printed on the instruction part of a 4473, fergossake. The NV Walmarts that were still selling guns were, as I was leaving, being required to point this out to customers before they started filling the 4473 out.

10. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

11. RKtullahoma

RKtullahoma Well-Known Member Supporter

No DIRECT appeal.

When the composition of the High Court changes, cases may be resubmitted. That's why the death-worshippers always get in a twitter when a new Supreme comes on board. They are fearful that the new Supreme may interfere with the court-mandated sanctity of their highest sacrament under roe v. Wade.

Not to worry, though. They'll get to try and state their case before a final Judge soon enough.

Ghost1958 and locutus like this.
  12. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Actually this why the founders wrote the BOR's!:) Our BOR's, specificly the 2nd Amendment, is our FINAL APPEAL when the 'system/courts' violate our RIGHTS. But it takes MANY people to act in concert to 'over rule' the court.:(

Ghost1958 likes this.
  13. Ghost1958

I cant help but ask , but what does that have to do with the 2A ?

It nowhere states anything about infringement if criminals act like criminals .
    All gun regulation does is violate the supreme law of the land , fail to do what they are touted to do and lay the responsibility for criminals actions at the feet of those who need weapons to defend themselves from criminals.

Gov regulation never solves anything and normally makes things worse.

RKtullahoma and Rifling82 like this.