How Second Amendment Are You?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by partdeux, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Exactly. I do not support any LEO's with that F U peasants attitude!!!

2. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Depends on who you ask. I have no opinion of how 2A I am, because I never think about it.

JRDallas and W.T. Sherman like this.

3. Caveman Jim

But Mr. Dave, Those cretinous beings from another planet have no earthly idea what the definitions of those words in our constitution and Bill of Rights really mean.o_Oo_Oo_O
    That depends on what the meaning of "IS is... BC & ML...:eek::eek::eek:

Ghost1958 likes this.
  4. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the radical among my gun friends because I don't believe in any type of restrictions. Buying a gun should be no different than buying alcohol or cigarettes from a convenient store. All you should have to do is provide proof of age and then produce the currency to pay for it and then leave with your new gun. I'm not one of those gutless losers in the NRA who claim to be pro-2A, but yet are quick to to cave into "common sense gun control" (whatever that means). Obviously the First Amendment is under way more attack than the Second, but like the First, there can be no compromise. You're either 100% for the cause or not, period! We don't need Fudds among us who claim to support gun ownership, but yet are quick to wanna ban the evil black rifles. You don't have to love all types of guns to be pro-2A. Hell, I think ARs and Glocks are garbage guns owned by obnoxious people, but I wouldn't ever want them banned. Just like with freedom of speech, the second you start caving in, you've already lost it.

Ghost1958 and RJF22553 like this.
  5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

The 1A is meant to keep government out of religion. The 1A is not meant to keep religious people from serving in government.

The folks in DC are not allowed to declare Methodism as the official religion of the USA, but practicing Methodists can serve in the government.

JRDallas, Ghost1958 and RJF22553 like this.
  6. RKtullahoma

RKtullahoma Well-Known Member Supporter

I always thought "common sense gun control" was a good sight picture and a grip on the weapon that allowed for proper aim and reloading.

7. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

SEE BELOW!!!:) Self defense is an ABSOLUTE RIGHT OF ALL LIVING THINGS. And we need to ALL utilize this RIGHT and stand against EVIL IN EVERY FORM!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Caveman Jim and Ghost1958 like this.
  8. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

Death Row inmates? The pig who became your breakfast sausage?

JRDallas likes this.
  9. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Do you know the meaning of COMMON SENSE???:rolleyes: But to answer your question, yes, it still their RIGHT to defend themselves from any thing or any one who is trying to victimize them.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  10. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

I hear ya brother.

I think "Bill of Rights" is a little off the mark as a name. My rights are given to me by God. I guess the title "Things Government Has No Right to Interfere With" was too long.

11. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

IMHO, the Bill of Rights (and all other amendments) were not only statements restricting the federal government, but also universally restricting the states, too: they were individual rights for which no government in this union could lawfully restrict. We fought a civil war over this in part.

It is a shame, but I think it will take the SCOTUS to really clarify this once and for all, particularly the 2A part about "shall not be infringed". But I think we'll need one or two more constitutional SCOTUS judges on the bench before that happens.

Caveman Jim, ellis36 and Mister Dave like this.
  12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

The death row inmate would have the right to protect him/her self from attack by another inmate while awaiting the final outcome of their sentence.

I fully expect a even pig to resist going to slaughter.

kfox75 and Ghost1958 like this.
  13. Caveman Jim

What Dems are going off of in the Heller decision is Scalia's remark of "Reasonable Restrictions"......

W.T. Sherman and Ghost1958 like this.
  14. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

Is prohibiting convicted felons from possessing guns doing anything to prevent crime ?

Can a convicted felon use his hands, feet or other weapons to commit crimes without violating the gun prohibition ?

If the conviction was for tax evasion , is there any logic whatsoever in prohibiting the felon from gun possession ?

While you tackle these ( tough ? ) questions , remember that anyone ever convicted of a domestic violence misdemeanor is now also prohibited from possessing a gun .

Ghost1958 likes this.
  15. RKtullahoma

RKtullahoma Well-Known Member Supporter

The blue states are now, with their foot in the door on that, trying to to make even being CHARGED with a dvm, or any felony, a prohibition. Charming innit?

16. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

The 2A is a ratified by the states amendment that always was binding on the states.
    The fallacy that it wasnt came from the same thin air used to justify gun regulations.

towboater and RJF22553 like this.
  17. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

Read up on Project Exile and draw your own conclusions.

68% of violent offenders will reoffend with in three years.(DOJ 2017)

80% of murders in this country are committed by someone who already has a felony conviction (FBI Uniform Crime Report)

I don't know about you but I see a pattern.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  18. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

IMO, a felon who has served the required time, paid restitution, and becomes a responsible citizen should have an avenue to get their rights restored.

We have to remember that our rights don't give us freedom from government rule, but rules what the government can do with our freedom.

towboater likes this.
  19. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

I am of the opinion that any law abiding citizen of the United States should be able to purchase own and use any equipment that could be used for light infantry, this including attack helicopters, (years ago I read 27 AH-1 Cobras are in private hands), armored vehicles, machine guns, and all the other "terrible implements" that are protected under the 2A. STRATEGIC weapons...not so much. That is missiles, nukes, chemical weapons, and other weapons of that type. I also agree that private light warships should also be possible, but only the very rich would be able to afford such, as it was in General Washington's time. I would LOVE to win the lottery, (HUGE), and build a working replica of the USS West Virginia in her 1945 guise, and hire out to patrol sea lanes for pirates. Impractical as ALL get out...but man, what fun.

towboater and Trunk Monkey like this.