How old is my gun???

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jm3, May 5, 2010.

1. jm3

jm3 New Member

Hi guys, I inherited an old Browning Hi Power from my grandfather. I am curious as to it's age and/or value...Is there a database I could look this up on or anything?

Please help.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Welcome to the FTF Community.

What you have there isn't worth much at all. I would give you $100 for it because I am a nice guy. :D

Actually have a very nice piece of history there and I would hold on to that thing for as long as humanly possible. The Browning Hi Power is considered The King of the 9mm world for a reason.

It looks to be in great shape, depending on the barrel and chamber, but if it looks like the pictures of the outside, you have a great gun there.

From checking your serial number at Browning's website, you appear to have a 1964 model. Apparently the letter "T" was the designation for the Hi-Powers first produced in 1964.

As to value, I would hold on to it personally. The Hi Power is a great weapon.

JD

3. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Read Cane's signatures......
    Great firearm you have there.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

+1 JD, it's a 1964, the year I graduated from HS.

If the internals are as good looking as its exterior it would fetch $700+ down here in S Florida.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Hee hee hee - You're old. :D:p:D:p

6. jm3

jm3 New Member

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I plan on keeping it since it has been in the family and is a great gun. The internals are great, i just recently put a few down the chamber then took it completely apart and gave it a good cleaning. Again, I knew what kind of gun it was, I just didn't know the age as it came from a side of the family who knew nothing about it.

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

No kidding. I wasn't even born yet. :p Hell, my older brother wasn't even born yet, either. My parents were married, barely. :D

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

EWWWWWWWWWW My Graduated that year as well.....

OMG Cane could have been my dad.......... He wouldn't be such a nice guy if he was I can tell you that.

Back on topic

I will give you $250 that is 2.5 times more then JD.

That is a SWEET HI-Power. If I were to ever buy a 9mm it would be a Hi-Power.

9. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

That is a dam fine gun and you are a very lucky man :) they go for about 1k up here at the one store's gun library iv ever seen them at.