Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to the range 3 times a week and shoot roughly 200 to 250 rounds. I always use lawman and monarch 230 fmj. Do I have to clean it every time I go?

·
Registered
667 Posts
With modern non-corrosive ammo you don't have to clean them every time you go to the range. And if I went 3 times a week I might only them every other time. I go 2 or 3 times a month so I clean after every trip to the range. In fact just finished cleaning my Polish P64 and my S&W M&P Shield.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
I clean after every trip to the range.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I go to the range 3 times a week and shoot roughly 200 to 250 rounds. I always use lawman and monarch 230 fmj. Do I have to clean it every time I go?
If it's a new to you pistol clean it every time, that way you'll have an opportunity to inspect her and get well acquainted, and theres nothing wrong with caressing, and showing her some love too :rolleyes:, if you treat her good she will reward you with many years of security and fun.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I clean every range trip. Granted I go once a month or two due to work. I break mine down completely after 300 rounds, just because lol.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If it is also a carry pistol, I wouldn't carry a dirty gun. If not for carry, it should be able to handle 200 rounds or so without a problem, so once a week should be sufficient. But personally, I clean after every trip even if I shoot only a couple of mag loads because almost all my pistols are subject to being carried & if I decide to change my carry, they are all cleaned & loaded.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Depends on your gun and the ammo you use.

But few guns need to be cleaned after every range trip.

I always wipe them down with a silicon cloth.

But I don't clean them very often (I shoot a lot)

:cool:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Wipe them down good after each shoot. When the round count hits 500 or so its time to think about a good cleaning. That is for 1911s not other guns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts