How often do you practice with your weapon?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by invicta8926, Sep 18, 2012.

1. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

Alright guys, I know some of us have become complacent so be honest.

2. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

No where near as much as I'd like and not as much as I need too, to be proficient.
    Guess I'm gettin old. :D

3. gladesbassin

gladesbassin New Member

I would say atleast once a week. Im always going to my lgs to window shop and atleast try to fire off a few rounds of my cc.

4. Coyotenator

Coyotenator New Member

I used to practice once or twice a month at the ranch, but I recently put in a much more elaborate range right at the house, and now I am out there a couple times a week.

It is amazing how much more I shoot with the range 50 yds from the house as opposed to 1/2 mile.

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Once every couple of months.

6. phildenton

phildenton New Member

The answer is, no matter how often, its not often enough. But usually 1-5 times a month for me.

7. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

700 to 1000 rounds a month normally 2/3 times

8. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Several times a week.

9. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I shoot my 1911 at least once a month for IDPA. But I also go to the range quite often. Maybe once a week. At least once every two weeks. But I am shooting different guns on those trips. I try to put a few rounds through my cc gun every now and then just to stay proficient. I have been experimenting with several hunting rifles and different loads getting ready for elk hunting. So I have been to the range about 3 times in the last week plus the competition this last weekend.

10. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I shoot once per week, weather permitting since I use an outdoor range. I have several pistols in my carry rotation so it works out that I'll practice with a particular one about once every two months.

11. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Once a week, 50 to 100 rounds, often more depending on what I bring to the range.

12. AOK

AOK New Member

For handgun, everyday I do dry work at the house (may miss one day per month). I make a trip to the range about 2-3 times per month. Less than I had the previous couple years but I try and make due with the time I have.

13. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I shoot at least once a week. I just love the smell of gun smoke in the morning.

14. levelcross

levelcross New Member

No where near as much as I need to go, only twice a month lately and stretching ammo to 100 rounds a trip. Work has dropped off terribly lately.

15. Kdub

Kdub New Member

So far this week I have shot around 1000 pistol rounds, 150 rounds out the ar, and about 50 out the shotgun.

16. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

At my office we have a number of CCW holders (myself included :) ) and we have a standing date almost every Friday afternoon (we usually close down around 2:30 on Friday) that at least 2 or 3 of us make it to at a local indoor range about 2 miles from the shop..... So at least 2 to 3 times a month for me.... More if I can get a weekend in at the family farm next town over. BTW... the benefit of our close to the office range is that we've taken some newbies with us as well (...some who have never even held a firearm ever!!) and turned them onto the fun of shooting sports.... in the process created more of "us" and less of "them" !!!
    Moral of the story is... Go to the range!! Go often!!! But if you can, take someone with you!!... especially someone who's never been!!