Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
4,609 Posts
No where near as much as I'd like and not as much as I need too, to be proficient.
Guess I'm gettin old. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
I used to practice once or twice a month at the ranch, but I recently put in a much more elaborate range right at the house, and now I am out there a couple times a week.

It is amazing how much more I shoot with the range 50 yds from the house as opposed to 1/2 mile.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
700 to 1000 rounds a month normally 2/3 times

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
I shoot my 1911 at least once a month for IDPA. But I also go to the range quite often. Maybe once a week. At least once every two weeks. But I am shooting different guns on those trips. I try to put a few rounds through my cc gun every now and then just to stay proficient. I have been experimenting with several hunting rifles and different loads getting ready for elk hunting. So I have been to the range about 3 times in the last week plus the competition this last weekend.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I shoot once per week, weather permitting since I use an outdoor range. I have several pistols in my carry rotation so it works out that I'll practice with a particular one about once every two months.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Once a week, 50 to 100 rounds, often more depending on what I bring to the range.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For handgun, everyday I do dry work at the house (may miss one day per month). I make a trip to the range about 2-3 times per month. Less than I had the previous couple years but I try and make due with the time I have.

·
Premium Member
11,818 Posts
I shoot at least once a week. I just love the smell of gun smoke in the morning.

·
Registered
983 Posts
No where near as much as I need to go, only twice a month lately and stretching ammo to 100 rounds a trip. Work has dropped off terribly lately.

·
Registered
208 Posts
So far this week I have shot around 1000 pistol rounds, 150 rounds out the ar, and about 50 out the shotgun.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
At my office we have a number of CCW holders (myself included :) ) and we have a standing date almost every Friday afternoon (we usually close down around 2:30 on Friday) that at least 2 or 3 of us make it to at a local indoor range about 2 miles from the shop..... So at least 2 to 3 times a month for me.... More if I can get a weekend in at the family farm next town over. BTW... the benefit of our close to the office range is that we've taken some newbies with us as well (...some who have never even held a firearm ever!!) and turned them onto the fun of shooting sports.... in the process created more of "us" and less of "them" !!!
Moral of the story is... Go to the range!! Go often!!! But if you can, take someone with you!!... especially someone who's never been!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts