How often do you clean your Sig?

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by HeatSpitta510, Jul 6, 2013.

1. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

Just looking for suggestions and tips

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I clean my P226, Rosy, the same day I fire her. I give her a good oiling too. I do not use metal brushes though. I clean the barrel with solvent and cotton pads. I love my Rosy and she deserves the extra special attention. Still, the P226 can go through hundreds of rounds without being clean. I have seen less caring owners do this. Lazy, loveless bastards!:D

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

my general rule of thumb is, anytime it's been fired. also occasionally inspect and oil it as needed if stored in a safe an not shot in a while. much better to prevent rust rather than having to get rid of it.

4. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

Thanks ..and I'm with you on that, I think I'd love cleaning it almost as much as shooting it LOL

5. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

Thanks ..my 229 is a keeper so taking care of it is a must

6. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

I agree with both the above.I normally clean after every range trip and depending on how long she's been sitting usually somewhere around the two month mark if she sits that long.If I've been carrying her once a month.

7. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

I also clean after every use. I don't allow any time for fouling to settle in. I also enjoy cleaning my guns and keeping them in tip-top shape, so it's not a chore for me.

8. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

Clean and lube and safety check prior to going to the range. Then immediately after returning home, it gets cleaned and lubed and then loaded back up with carry/defense ammo to serve as a carry/home defense weapon. If the gun is not shot after a month, it gets cleaned again and wiped down. That way, I know all of them are in ready to use status with no surprises should their need for use arise!

9. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

The common response is right after use. And that's the same here. It can go longer than that but why? Unless there is a reason just clean. It after the range. If you can't at the very least run a boresnake thru the barrel and get it done soon after.

10. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

As mentioned right after use tear down & thoroughly clean & lube.

11. jeffkaiser1989

jeffkaiser1989 New Member

yea i do the same. evreytime i fire the gun which i usually put around 50rds through it i get home it gets cleaned and oiled.

12. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I clean my Sig as a relaxation method. I end up cleaning all of my guns, after every use , and if I'm stressing I put on Pantera in the garage and end up cleaning clean guns. I don't know but it calms me down. I go beyond the regular field striping. My old lady just loves the stains of fresh oil under my pillow.

13. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

Haahaa yea I know what you mean ..I do the same but with washing and wiping my cars down in the garage...it's therapy lol I gotta add gun cleaning to my program

14. rayporsche

rayporsche New Member

My sentiments exactly .........