How often do you buy?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Rugers9, May 23, 2012.

1. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

How often are you guys purchasing firearms? After purchasing my first handgun 4 months ago I have been going gun crazy and want every gun I see. But I don't have the funds to do so, so I was wondering how often do you guys but a new firearm?

2. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

I started last October and I have 5 so far. Mostly layaways with maybe 2 of them being an outright purchase. I'm experiencing that "buy" everything itch as well.

Picked up my Glock 19 Gen4 yesterday and laid the groundwork for an AR purchase at the same time....apparently there are no brakes on this ride.

3. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

Atleast 1 every 2 months. I started at a very young age.

4. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

That's my next question is the layaway worth doing I'm 21 and I don't have the funds to buy outright so how's layway for purchasing a firearm?

5. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

I have bought four this year alone.... 22/45, JHP 45, Sp101, Marlin 25n.

6. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Know what you're getting into with lawaway. While it is good if you are certain you're going to be able to purchase the firearm, it's nasty for you if you pay on it then fall short on the 'drop dead' date, and they restock it.
    Also make sure that the store you buy from removes your firearm from their shelf and puts it away, and doesn't leave it out there for a demo on the floor while you're paying it off.

7. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

i average 4 to 5 a year

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Well, to put it simply, my last gun wasn't even out of the box before I started thinking about my next one. :D

9. redscho

redscho New Member

I average about 1 every 3 years for the past 67 years when I got my first one.

10. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

My LGS will work with you as long as you give him at least 25 bucks a week and show effort, he'll let you have as long as you need. If you have zero patience, such as myself, it can be hard waiting all that time for a nice gun.

It took everyone I know YEARS to acquire their gun collection so don't go out and put yourself in debt in a hurry.

11. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

As often as I can bypass the wife. Have bought 5 this year. Maybe 1 every year after, buying a new car and house. Money is needed elsewhere.

12. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I do mostly local buy, sell & trades and do it as often as I can afford it. This last year was a pretty good one and I bought or traded into about a dozen guns. ...and the nice thing is that there is no paper trail to any of them. :D

13. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

Good I don't feel as bad now I'm thinking every income taxs I can maybe 2 a year is what I'm think at least. Or if I can ever make is good money. I don't know bout trading I want all my guns haha.

14. aandabooks

aandabooks Active Member

I went on a run from Sep 2010 to Jan 2012 and bought 27. Haven't bought any in a while now. I'm down to just a couple wants. Been putting most of my cash into silver lately. I might start looking to do some trading but I'm sure I'll be getting the itch soon.

15. jebsca

jebsca New Member

Part of me says too often, but it's a small part. If the money is in my pocket, I have to get it out and fast. I think the longest I have gone was about 8 months. I've added three so far this year.

16. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

About one per year. I like to use them a fair bit before I get another "favorite."

My wife asks how many guns I need, and I ask how many pairs of shoes she needs. I would have to reload my 17 round magazine more then a couple times to put a bullet into each pair she has! I tell her I am two short of never enough!

17. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I keep an ever changing 'wish list' & it just depends on one of them on the list popping up at the same time I have the cash in my pocket. Bought 3 inside of a month one time & have gone several months without buying any.

18. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

One or two a year, its looking like only one this year.:(

If I bought 3 inside of a month I would have to go several YEARS without buying another!;)

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  19. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I really shouldnt even speak because I hadnt made a purchase in over 10 yrs since my last couple handguns , but since November I have picked up 7 guns and 4 stripped lowers

20. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Im lucky if i can buy one once every couple of years, normally if i want one bad enough, i have to trade something for it