How Often do you buy guns?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Lupo, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Lupo

Lupo New Member

Seems like some of you are always trading and acquiring new firearms, of which I am very jealous. So my question is.

How often do you get a new or USED firearm?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I have only bought 2 new guns in the past 10 years.

USED guns, on the other hand..................:rolleyes:

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

some i buy new some used depends on the deal i can find for used. im not a big sight unseen buyer so i tend not to use online sources for used guns.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Quite often...

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Not as much as NGIB, but more than c3shooter.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's based on cash-flow. :p

7. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

As often as the wife allows.....

Has been quite often

8. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Anybody got any loose change? :p

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Right now I have everything I need... if not everything I want. So I'm taking things slow.
    This month I am ordering the new scope I want for the last rifle I built.
    Last month I bought a red dot scope to replace the POS I put on a rifle. And picked up a couple of nice tachtical slings.
    Then next month I hope to replace an old scope that came with the 7mm mag. That may be a couple months worth if I spring for the $1200 baby I have my eye on.

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Not often enough!

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

one a year is what I am limited to.

12. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

When I see something interesting I buy it. Might be one every couple of years, or 20 at a time. No set schedule.

I just don't find too many interesting lately.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have only bought one gun my entire life so if I told you then you'd all know how old I am.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Boat-Wreck-Big-Ship.jpg

Actually, after that HORRIBLE boating accident, I just have not had the heart to buy another gun. :rolleyes:

15. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

So far it's been 1 each year at Christmas with a special 1 thrown in for my birthday. This year I'd like to get a .22 semi, a HD shotgun and possibly a 1911. ;)

After that I'm checking myself into Betty Ford to see if I can be cured of this accursed affliction :eek:

16. danf_fl

Seeing that you cannot purchase a hundgun until you are at least 21, can I take a guess and say that you are 22?

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yes, you certainly can take that guess. I'm going to post a picture of me in the 'picture thread' when I get home from work. Then you can guess again.

18. opaww

opaww New Member

I lost all mine in the same FTF boating accident, and just can not find the money to by any replacements.

19. danf_fl

I've heard about that boating accident. Whoever salvages that would have a great collection.

20. Walley

Walley New Member

I usually buy guns when I run into something interesting and the price is right. I have a hobby or refurbishing old single shot shotguns so I buy quite a few every year. Right now I have seven waiting to be worked on. Most end up being gifts to the young members of my extended family as starter guns. I also have fallen under the spell of front loaders and have put together a collection of twenty-six. Only three in-lines the rest are cap-locks. I haven't bought a new gun in twenty years and get most from gun shows and estate auctions. So far this year I have purchased two. I was given a H & R Handi-Rifle as a gift that now has barrels in four calibers; one might say that the are new guns. I have been able to trade around for six cap and ball revolvers.