Firearms Talk banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I’m gonna say I’m a little lower in the chain of command to actually think I can open a bag of chips with my preferred method. But when my superior officer hits the sack I sometimes finish the bag. Actually all the time.

you really need a tool tote. Lite and useful tools that you would normally use. I run service calls all the time and a meter and a couple of hand tools can get the job done for the most part.
This was my oil burner kit I put together, it would get me through most situations, but sill needed to go back to the truck at times. I got tired of working with the supplied tools on my new job and took this kit in and put it on my cart. I got to work this morning, took my mask off and opened the box to get my needle nose, and I smelled oil LOL so I brought them home tonight, going to take some stuff out, and clean everything before I take it back to work.

Plant Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Grass

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
Yea I work on AC all summer long and then in the fall it’s gas and oil heating. It takes a couple weeks till the oil smell doesn’t bother me . Funny when you spill some on your clothing and then stop in a convenience store and everyone is crinkling their noses.
I see a pipe wrench on the bottom and that would have to go.

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
Just messing with you Mooseboy your OK and one day you’ll retire yourself. And then you can sit by the pool or pond or river like Monkey and laugh at everyone else that is still working. Myself I like to work so I’ll be at it for a couple more years . Unless I win the Megamillion jackpot which will probably give me an immediate heartattack I’ll be working for 5 more years.

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
Tool Hand tool Household hardware Knife Wood

Actually I don’t carry a Buck Knife . I carry a Klein Tool knife in a Schroeder scabbard. It is a good knife made in Japan and it holds an edge. I have hundreds of knives but I’ve been carrying this one lately.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I usually have a folder in my pocket when working .
As long as it has a good edge I really don't care what it is .
When I collected blades it was really interesting to see how many kinds there are & who made them . You can really go deep on any collection .
As I collect it seems no matter what it is I like the older things most of all .
Need to find more walls to hang them back up !
Shelf Building Publication Shelving Bookcase

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I was at a gun show at the kettle moraine ranch in eagle wi. Saw a new 110 push button for 165 get home to find buck wants 265 and out of stock. My wife’s for the past 20+years.Claims there’s a diamond in it 10 year anniversary with Hiram Walker/Allied Domecq
Automotive lighting Wood Musical instrument Tints and shades Nail

·
Premium Member
I like guns....
2,767 Posts
I really don’t collect knives,but realized I’m just old View attachment 247633
Yep... Brass knuckles. I "used" to have one. They were rough cast made. "If" i still had them, in possession would have been for 28+ yrs now.. They weren't new i first received them.. Old school stuff..

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
A Swiss Army Evo 11 rides in one pocket, a Leatherman Skeletool in the other every day. Why the two? The SAK doesn't have pliers, the Leatherman doesn't have a toothpick.

·
Administrator
26,854 Posts
Carried 2 Gerbers in the field back when I had taken the Queen's Shilling- a Gerber Mk II

Plant Everyday carry Knife Blade Dagger

and a Gerber Pixie in the top of my boot.
Knife Tool Natural material Wood Blade

Nowdays it is usually a Swiss Army (I worked for a company with HQs in Switzerland- that was your anniversary gift) or a Leatherman. And yes, I use them.

But if I am getting dressed up to go somewhere, well, a gentleman sould show some class.....

Tool Kitchen utensil Knife Hunting knife Everyday carry

61 - 80 of 80 Posts