Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
I hope I never need show anyone....
2,623 Posts
I carry a utility knife. Have for years. Use it almost everyday.
Wood Strap Hunting knife Fashion accessory Font

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Carry a buck that I bought recently so it has a belt clip.But if I’m traveling I always carry a old Swiss Army knife which is needed since all my beer need a opener.A drywall knife is my go to at home or working.The option of a carbide blade makes it superior to a non replaceable blade.
Musical instrument accessory Bumper Wood String instrument accessory Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Even in the Army about the only thing I ever used my knife for was to cut nopen MREs and MAYBE very rarely a ratchet strap that was tangled.

I used my Multitool far more often. I thank God I didn't get stuck with this detail but I watched two guys cut a bunch of concertina wire out of the drive sprocket of a 113 with their Multitools
one night. Of course, since we're talking about the Army it was cold and muddy that night.

But I never really had that many cutting tasks and I still really don't even though I carry a knife everyday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I always carry a knife in my pocket when I’m out and about. I probably use it every other day opening boxes, cutting string, fishing line or other simple uses.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I keep a weapon in the room when I'm watching TV or whatever I'm doing at night...including sleeping.

Not gun related but it may keep me from shooting someone someday. We put in some Ring cameras and, let me tell ya, you can't hide from them. They pick up EVERYTHING including spiders and have an 8 point buck pic it took in the backyard. I've a Ring believer.

Being the cruel person I am, I had to put the chipmunk electrocuter back beside the driveway. They are getting in my garage without permission. With four D cell batteries and sunflower seeds for bait, they walk over a powered plate and get the hot foot. They carry diseases just like tree rats do. Caught one of those yesterday in the trap. No, I don't belong to PETA. Chipmunks are rampant this year but not squirrels. Go figure. They see me in the sunroom......

So, yes, I use a knife for something or another everyday.
When I referred to my EDC I meant my EDC knife. I've never brought a knife to a gun fight LOL. I keep a knife avaialbe in pretty much every room because they come in handy.

Reactions: PGM and AgedWarrior

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I put this in the other weapon section because there's no place else it really fits but I'm not really talking about a knife as a weapon. I'm just talking about carrying a knife daily as a tool

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
True Story Bro,

One my neighbors just left a bag of magazines on my door. It was all twisted up around the knob and I didn't have my knife to cut it off the door!!!!!

I was humiliated

·
Premium Member
7,881 Posts
How often? Several times a day most days.

·
Premium Member
14,737 Posts
Not much anymore but when I was working I used a knife a lot. I still carry a smallish folder. If I had to carry one for defense it would be a fixed blade not be a folder.

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
That’s ham and egger speak for “ I can fix anything with a butter knife”. Working people actually use proper tools , because we have opposable thumbs.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
opening boxes, cutting ceiling tiles, cutting plastic door frame covers, scrapping parts, getting sink stoppers up, prying things apart...you know the stuff that working men have to do
Oh, well I'm not a working man

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That’s ham and egger speak for “ I can fix anything with a butter knife”. Working people actually use proper tools , because we have opposable thumbs.:rolleyes:
The knife is there when I need it, and I don't have to walk down and get my tool cart

·
Administrator
754 Posts
Well, the last time I opened a bag of chips with my Glock, my wife yelled at me.

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
I’m gonna say I’m a little lower in the chain of command to actually think I can open a bag of chips with my preferred method. But when my superior officer hits the sack I sometimes finish the bag. Actually all the time.
The knife is there when I need it, and I don't have to walk down and get my tool cart
you really need a tool tote. Lite and useful tools that you would normally use. I run service calls all the time and a meter and a couple of hand tools can get the job done for the most part.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts