Firearms Talk banner

How much will you pay for small or large pistol primers per 1000?

• $100

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • $200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greater than?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less?

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Not at all?

Votes: 6 37.5%
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I keep telling my wife that she`s sitting on an enormous goldmine with everything i`ve bought over the past few decades. She`s very quiet now, and has this strange looking raised eyebrow and weird facial expression when she looks at me. Should i be worried? :eek:
By now, you should know the difference between the Tabulatin'-the-total look and the Are-you-nuts? look. :p

Of course, I suppose it comes down to just how many primers at great prices you do have stashed in there.

·
Supporting Member
12,159 Posts
I prepared for what is probably going to happen soon now for years.
Taxation on anything to do with Firearms, Ammunition and our Second Amendment.
So with that said I am in good shape regarding primers, powder, casings, dies and all reloading components for pistol, rifle and shotgun. Including loaded ammunition.
As one stated here a true investment at this point one might say. Gold is on my shelves and safes! And equipment to support any use required.

Reactions: OLD Ron

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Not willing to pay pandemic prices. I just got in to handloading a few years ago. Seeing the current national climate, I won't advertise what i do have since most all localities' fire marshalls have laws or "recommendations" limiting the amount of explosives including and specifically primers that one may possess.
I would like to have more though.
Who needs to stock them. We have all sorts of chemicals in the bathroom, in the kitchen, in the garage .All you need is fuel and treat it so it has microscopic or even more surface exposed,an initiator and so on. Corn flakes even. Black powder. everyone has made it since the Chinese figured out it was not good idea to use it to cook with. Nitro is easy but don't try to. Fulminates and so on but don't fool with them. Plastics/rubber- rocket fuel but it on more than one side and big bang. How many stumps and ponds and craters did you blow up as a kid?The oxygenator is the most critical part in most explosives. I don't suggest boiling down chicken manure though.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I haven't bought any lately as I'm stocked up pretty good, but, I've been seeing them at the LGS here for $37.00 to $42.00 a box of 1000 when they have them.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
During the Japanese occupation of the Phillipines, women cut up curtain rods and ground them down to make bullets. Match heads went into primers and "powder" concocted from photo film. Slam-fire weapons made from pipe and nails killed "Hapons" as well. Guerilla fighters were issued only a few cartridges at a time and punished it, after an ambush, they did not return with their empty brass. from the book They Fought Alone .

Truthfully, we're living in "The Happy Time" when primers, powder, bullets, and ammo can be delivered to our homes relatively free of hassle in most of the U.S.A. Prices are high, admittedly, but still available somewhat. Stand by for a ram.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I haven't bought any lately as I'm stocked up pretty good, but, I've been seeing them at the LGS here for $37.00 to $42.00 a box of 1000 when they have them.
There shipments, when they do get more, will likely have the 15% price hike on them. I`ve seen a bunch of information where these ammo manufacturers are raising their prices. They probably see what gunbrkr sellers are selling them for, so they feel they are not making enough.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
There shipments, when they do get more, will likely have the 15% price hike on them. I`ve seen a bunch of information where these ammo manufacturers are raising their prices. They probably see what gunbrkr sellers are selling them for, so they feel they are not making enough.
That may well be one factor for sure.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts