how much should I ask?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by cgersty, Feb 2, 2013.

1. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I may sell my chopped off Remington 870 12ga, it has the Knox recoil stock on it with matching forend on it.

ForumRunner_20130202_170237.jpg

2. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

They're are askin a lot for 870 express 18" on gun sale sites. You should be able to sell it for $450-500.

3. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Thanks, I'm trying to get it sold so I can get my kid a go cart or mini bike, and I don't really have use for this one, I hunt a lot and have a full size 870, this is one I cut down myself, still think its worth that much?

4. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Put it this way... You'll never get more for it than now. Did ya at least use a black bluing marker on the muzzle and tap the bead back in? I presume you measured the barrel correctly and it's still legal. The gun without the barrel is still worth a coupla hundred despite being a modern Remington 870. Some yahoo is looking for just that gun today.

Throw in a box of 00 Buckshot OR even more deadly #4 Birdshot and it's already sold!

5. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I reblued the end of the barrel, its measured a tad longer than 18.25" it doesn't have a bead but the end of the vent rib works very nice for aiming, and I'm including some 000 buck and some high brass buffered #2s with it as well.

6. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Buy at Sears or borrow the right tap, could have a 'smith, install that bead and you'll get quite a few hundred for that gun -- it's a sellers market now. With that OC and just one box of #2 shotshells you've probably already sold it right here (I don't mean me, but someone)!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  7. cgersty

cgersty New Member

May do that tomorrow if I sell it here do I have to transfer it to a dealer, because I don't want to go through all of that, I don't know if I'm gonna sell it yet, just seeing what I may get for it

8. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Just offered a trade for a stainless like new s&w chief special in 38 special with two boxes of ammo, straight trade, is it worth it? Local trade, really want to avoid shipping and all that nonsense

9. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

If your not using it, and you would use the 38 its a no brainer to me. Condition pending of course. I like my S&W 38 442 a lot. I carry it on my ankle 99% of the time.
    I don't become attached to things very easily. If I don't use it, I trade it or sell it.
    Go by your gut, feels right, no hassle, no shipping, do it.

10. cgersty

cgersty New Member

It's in like new condition, and my other shotguns get used for hunting, don't have a use for this one, if and when Illinois gets ccw, this is what Ive been wanting a snubbie in 38 special so I think its a win win.

11. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

NICE carry and nightstand gun. As stated, if that's gonna get use and the shotgun doesn't, I'd trade as allowed by law.

12. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Here are a couple pictures of it, I'm pretty happy with the trade, my first centerfire revolver, I have a heritage rough rider combo in rimfire, this will be a nightstand gun, andy ccw if and when Illinois passes it.

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

13. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

Glad it worked out for you.

14. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Thanks renegade, if you were local I would of sold it to you, I hope there is no hard feelings!

15. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

16. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Did you get your kid a go-kart or mini-bike?

17. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Still working on the mini bike or go cart, he said he'd rather help daddy build one than for me and the wife to buy him one, I got a buddy that has a frame for a mini bike, that he is donating to us, then we are gonna get a motor and clutch and put it together, be lot cheaper than buying one, not to mention the bonding time!

18. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Good deal.

19. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Sounds like a win-win situation!

20. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Good for you guys. And it even has a Pachmayr grip!