How much shooting do you do ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Feb 22, 2013.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ever since I teamed up with a good ole-Boy,(BILL the MASTER), I invested in re-loading.
    Because of where I live , I usually shoot twice a week and between 80-150 rounds of various calibers pistols and rifles a week .

I do really love that 45-70 and shoot bout 80 rounds a week . Reload the 300 gr. mostly. Going from a 300 to 405 reaks have-ck on my scope , so I like to keep it 300-325 , just makes life easier.

How much shooting do you guys get in ?

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

As much as I can. Having a place at home to shoot helps a lot and I do reload. It can be as much as 4 times a week or as little as once. If I"m on a 22 binge a couple bulk boxes and meet their destiny :(

3. dango

You don't miss a beat ! :) Great having some land in the right place ain't ? :D

4. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Used to shoot off the porch all the time. 200-300 rounds a session every couple of weeks.
    Then major surgery and a move town. I'm just getting ready to start hitting the local ranges. Guess I won't be putting as many down the pipe as I used to.

5. towboater

towboater Active Member

Not near as much as I used to. The ammo is just too damned high. Keeping what I have for emergency use only.

6. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Every day with this............

Not much with anything else, saving ammo may need it..............

Attached Files:

7. gunlinn

gunlinn New Member

At least once a week...

8. AR10

AR10 New Member

None. A cat seeing it is about to be forced to cross a river, does not take time to lick himself.

Days of plinking, horseplay, training and screwing around at the creek are over. Time to stock up on everything. Food, water, blankets, clothing, bedding, bandages, medicines, and ammo.

The enemy has layed out their intentions plain and clear. If the NRA and the other lobby groups fails to negotiate with the terrorists in DC, the job falls to us.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I shoot in my backyard so whenever the mood hits me, mabe twice a week-
    Mostly 22 & 38 since 9mm is harder to come by BUT i don't think the sky will be falling so i aint scart ;)

10. AR10

AR10 New Member

Wish I shared your optimism. Is that the word to describe a child's faith in Christmas, optimism? Or is that more of a fairytale?

I can't see the dream any longer. I see past the fog, and the reality is headed for us like a freighttrain.

I buy all the ammo I can find, even 22 shorts if that is all I can find, and I shoot none of it.

I did recently shoot some ammo to qualify for our CCW permits.

11. mcb

mcb New Member

Once or twice a week in the backyard. Weekly skeet at my local club.

12. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Have not shot in two months. Ammo is too hard to find. The re-loaders can't find primers. Until there is a reasonable chance to restock ammo I will hold off.

13. dango

We all know what could happen ! It is an ugly place with ugly hearts. I will not live in fear.! I still see the beauty in nature , children , neighbors and live each day to it.s fullest.Every breath is a gift and a gift I prefer to share.

Being in the (KNOW) is being as prepared as one possibly can.! Enjoy doing it is all I do. There are many things worse than death and the loss of of security ,personal peace of mind and freedom isn't life , it's existence..! Being an "Extremist" all my life has given me a sixth sense.I hear all , see all and will go out laughing and cursing either way and not alone..!! :D

Must a been a Dino hunter in another life or something.! :D Hmm..? Would a .44-mag or a .45-70 put a hurtin on ole "T-Rex"......? Hmmm..? :confused:

:)

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

A 45/70 with the proper load & well placed will solve most any problem :)

15. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

used to go out a least once a week but right now i think its more dry fire practice and conserving ammo . i'll still shoot my .308 and a few pistols but probly not much in the way of anythign else for awhile.

16. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Maybe once a month. In the summer I would like to go more. The indoor ranges are just too expensive when you buy their ammo. $26 a box for mosin nagant ammunition. That's more than $1 a round!

17. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

We haven't shot in about three weeks. It's not that we don't have ammo, I'm just waiting it out to see what happens. The good news is that it is out there. I picked up 1,000 rounds of 5.56 for $499.95 on Thursday at a LGS. I was kind of shocked when I saw the box on the floor - 2012 Lake City M855.

18. lfcshooter

lfcshooter New Member

Usually twice a month although not for last 6 weeks since the range I use is military and they close down for a period to use it for other stuff.

19. dango

I really like the way you think.! :) ;)

20. sergei100

sergei100 New Member

Depending on how cold it is I'm only shooting my Mosin Nagant M38 as ammo is easy to get so far. As far as may 9mm and 5.56 ammo that's being saved.