How much money would you need to feel Rich???...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Nov 13, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Back in the 70's a Million Dollars it seemed would last you forever,Know it seems like it's not that much...More then I'll ever have at one time but I'd say $400.000 Four hundred thousand and I guess I would call myself...WELL-OFF....Not Rich...I guess if you get cancer that ant much money at all...We where playing Cards and someone asked what Rich is...???...I say a Million...and if you had to change your first name...What would you change-it to....I say from Dave...to...Ringo...My sister wanted to name me that from the Beatles back in the 60's...I mis-well gest go with that...can't think what else....Don't play cards with my friends they talk about stupid stuff......:confused:........

2. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

Riches is not measured by how much you have, but by little you require. ;)

3. bkt

bkt New Member

Anyone who depends on currency today (anyone's currency, not just American dollars) is at the mercy of central banks. The more money you have, the more you are controlled by them whether you realize it or not.

I would consider myself the wealthiest man in the world if I didn't rely on, need to use, hold, or desire to own any currency at all but I still was able to live as well as I do now. Unfortunately, that is extremely difficult in this country.

4. fmj

fmj New Member

I already consider myself the richest man on the planet. I have a wife that tolerates me ;) 3 decently behaved kids, all of us are generally healthy. We live in a home that keeps us relativley warm and cool in the extremes of weather and generally keeps the rain off my head and dog that unconditionally loves me.

Therefore, I am blessed with a riches beyond my wildest dreams of my mis-spent teenage youth.

Would be nice to have a couple Million $$ to invest and 80 plus acres of woods and fields so i could be WEALTHY.

5. Hinermad

Hinermad New Member

You couldn't pay me enough money to feel Rich. He's a nice guy and all, but I don't do... oh, you meant something else, didn't you.

For me it'd be enough money to feel bored. Knowing I could buy whatever I wanted without having to work, save, scrimp, and forget to pay the light bill to do it.

Dave

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Said best right there. Learn how to live on 13k a year or less, and then I'll come shake your hand. Yes that's how much I've filed taxes for the past 3 years running, and I report all my earned income (I exclude private sale items, they total less than a grand anyway, combined) this year will hopefully be much better, I feel like I'm living high on the hog at about 18k possibly.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I would need $10 billion and my name would be Hugo.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Just don't get on any planes.

9. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I would feel rich if I had some Colt 1911's and Single Action Armys, but I have a wife that loves firearms as much as I do so that's enough for me really.

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Oh, I forgot to add that I wouldn't be flying commercial any more. :D

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

When I can live without anyone else's help outside of Jesus and my family, I will be the wealthiest man on earth.

12. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I'm hoping to find out in the near future,if one of my investments pays off!

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Where's this "Rich" guy. I'll feel him so Hinermad won't have to. :D

I agree with Hinermad, otherwise. I don't want to feel bored and I really do like going to work. But I would like to be able to not worry about where I'll get the money for car repairs, new appliances when the old ones break down, fixing up my house that desperately needs some repairs that I just can't afford right now, etc.

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i don't have any desire to be wealthy or rich, just to be able to live and do the things i want to is enough. i have a loving wife, who tolerates my gun obsession, my pets love me, and no kids!:)

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

If I had to rate my wealth by the amount of money I had, I would be in the poor house. I don't, so I am not.

With the crash in the economy, and new construction in particular, I lost 2/3 of my income. I have learned to live on the 1/3 and don't feel any poorer because of it. I just can't have as many toys, but I still have my health and family. Life is good.

To give the OP the real answer to the question he was asking; I would feel wealthy if I had 5 years salary in the bank.

16. Yunus

Yunus New Member

It's not about how much I have. It's about making more than those around me. That sounds very mean but studies have shown that happiness increases with salary only up to about $75,000. In addition they have shown that if you make less than your co-workers you will be less happy with your income no matter what your actual salary is.

So what's rich? At least $75,000 a year and more than those who work near me :)

17. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

I am fabulously wealthy compared to ~98% of the population of the planet.

I'm also rich in spirit.

Think about it.

18. zedpapa

zedpapa Member Supporter

I would be happy with the ~34,000 I make now if I could just get rid of the 12,000 in debt that somehow accumulated. I am wealthy in that my wife loves/puts up with me, my kids love me and are excited to see me everyday. I would love it if didn't have to work, but I think I would get bored if didn't do something at least part-time.

Brian

19. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I could get philosophical here, but $176 million will do just fine. :D

20. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Well... enough to fuel and buy that B25 off of barnstormers(which is ONLY 400k!) And fix my car... I'd be good:)