How much is this worth?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Gandalf, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Gandalf

Gandalf New Member

First off I'm a new member here, if I've posted this in the wrong place I apologize in advance.

Anyway long story short I currently have a motorcycle for sale, and a fellow wants to trade me the following items along with some cash. He is of the opinion that the following bundle is worth $1,000, is that the case? (On a side note, I'll keep both guns, but all the 500 will be used for is skeet, so I'll be selling the other two barrels. How much could I expect to get from them?)

Baretta M 96 with 2 clips mossberg 500 with 24 inch smoothbore ported barrel, 28 inch ribbed ported barrel, 24 inch rifled slug barrel.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

really depends on the condition of the guns. possibly they could be worth that amount. i would have them checked out by a gun dealer and have him give you an appraisal of their worth and whether they are functional. another source is to look at some of the current gun auctions and see what like conditioned guns are selling for and go from there. the barrels, if you were to sell them anywhere from about $50-100 each would be my estimate again based on their condition.

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I would estimate around $400 on the Beretta, I paid a bit less for mine about a year ago.

Welcome to the forum, drop by the introductions section and tell us a liitle about yourself.

I would say that the whole bundle is worth south of $800. Extra barrels are nice, but used condition just don't bring top dollar. Add on's do more to help a sale than they do drive up the price .

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  4. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I wouldn't do that man you can get those new for right under 100 and addons and barrles are quite inexpensive for the mossberg I'd say the guns and some cash

5. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Sorry new for right under 300 the mossberg that is and my buddy just sold one of his Barrettas a 92fs for 400

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I would not call it more than $800 worth of stuff.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

I would agree, conservatively, while factoring in the extra barrels you don't even want/need. If I were buying in a private sale, I'd offer 600 and negotiate from there.

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I agree! I would say the value of the guns (if in good condition and the finish is in tact) tops $800 + $200 cash!:)

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Beretta - $400
    Mossberg $200
    Barrells $100 ea

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That is NEW! If he wants to use NEW prices for the guns/barrels, use a new price for the motorcycle. Guns depreciate just like cars and motorcycles.

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Not in NY. Lol. A new beretta runs about 650 and the mossberg 400. I hate ny

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well the Beretta is a educated guess-
    You won't buy a new 500 around here for $200 OTD
    I just sold two used barrels on ebay for over $100 ea

13. Gandalf

Gandalf New Member

Thanks for all the help guys! The fellow is now offering to add in a black powder rogers and spencer pistol in new condition. How much value does that add to the deal?

14. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Personally i still wouldnt trade. I love me some guns and a good bike but.... Your better off waiting for a better deal imo

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Euroarms I assume?
    I suggest doing a search -We all have Google ;)

16. Gandalf

Gandalf New Member

Yeah I've been googling it for an hour but I can't seem to find prices anywhere. I e-mailed the guy back to ask if it's actually a rogers and spencer or if it's a replica, he said it's "rare and valuable" in the original e-mail implying it was an actual r&s, and I can't find a price for that anywhere. Just pages of people discussing the differences between the originals and the replicas (which seem to be worth between $100 and $200 used).

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If it in like new condition it AINT original- Or i should say HIGHLY unlikely :rolleyes: Need good pictures-
    Your about right on repo's-mabe up around $300-$350

One book says=
    Rogers and Spencer Army Revolver .44 cal. 6-shot percussion revolver with a 7.5" octagonal barrel. Approx. 5,800 were made between 1863 and 1865.- Vgood: $3500, Good: $2500, Fair: $1000, Poor: $550

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  18. Gandalf

Gandalf New Member

Yeah you're right, it's a repo. Unless he can sweeten the deal a bit I think I'm better off passing.

19. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

The fact that he tried to mis-lead you by saying that a replica is "rare and valuable" speaks volumes to me about the person. Run, don't walk away, from this dude.

20. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

i personally don't trade one item for multiple others, someone's always gonna be the loser & more than likely it will be the person who gave up one thing for many. my advice would be hold out for cash.

a couple months ago i listed my carcano sporter for sale in a local classified, i was asking $150 for it plus ammo which i thought was fair. a guy emails me & asks if i'd be interested in trading a 1978 ford thunderbird for the gun.....it's $150 friggin dollars! how hard is it to come up with that if you really want it? i shuddered at the thought of how haggered that thunderbird was & declined.