How much do you pay?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by firehammer, Aug 21, 2008.

1. firehammer

firehammer New Member

Hey guys. Another question. For those of you that use shooting ranges or gun clubs: How much do you payto use them?

The closest club to me is $200.00/ year. Concidering that I have been a member there before when dues were only $50.00, and then again when dues were $100.00, it's kinda like sticker shock.

This is a private club though. Members & member's guests only. It really has just about everything a shooter could want, Separate ranges: 35 yd. pistol & rimfire rifle, 50-100yd. rifle, 100-350 or 400yd. (not sure exactly) long range. They have skeet & trap, ($2.00 per round: 25 clays) and if you have a license for it they will let you shoot fully automatic. (suprevised by range officer of course.)
    Last time I was a member there was no restrooms. Now there are restrooms & a small club house & the promise of better facilities in the future. The awnings over the firing lines are brand new & made of steel now instead of wood. When you take all this into account plus the fact that it is open daylight to dusk 365 days/year it may not be such a bad deal, if you use it frequently.
    What do y'all think?

2. dirtysouth

dirtysouth New Member

these are 2 differnt ranges in my area

Outdoor Rifle & Pistol Range
    Daily use pass $7.00 per person – (Two targets are included). Everyone going out to the range must be a paid shooter.

No unpaid spectators are allowed.
    Eye and Ear protection is required.
    Shooters must be 18 years old or accompanied by an adult.
    All stations are covered and handicapped accessible.
    Range Hours:

Summer Hours
    Monday - Saturday 9-6
    Sunday 10-5

Winter Hours (Effective January-April)
    Monday - Friday 11-4
    Saturday 9-6
    Sunday 10-5

Outdoor Range Facts :

30 Shooting Stations at 100 YARDS
    12 Shooting Stations at 30 YARDS
    6 Shooting Stations at 7 YARDS
    6 Shooting Stations at 15 YARDS

Annual Range Passes are available for $100.00 for individuals and $140.00 for families (3 shooters). This pass entitles you to a $1.00 discount on skeet field rounds and unlimited use of our rifle and pistol ranges.

1096 N. Center Road
    Burton, MI 48509
    810-715-2000
    Email: AdvancedRanges@aol.com

Providing a safe, clean, climate controlled, indoor public shooting range
    in a family setting that allows shooters of all ages a place to gather.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEMBERSHIP RATES

PRE OPENING SPECIAL
    $325 per year
    Adult Membership are $375.00 per year based on 365 days

Husband/Wife team $400.00 per year

Family of 4 is $500.00 Children must be under 18.

Lifetime membership $2500.00 PLUS $50.00 per year renewal.

Certified Police Officers $225.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memberships include unlimited use for all ranges.

2 Free Guest Passes

Members Baseball Hat

5% Off on all Pro/ Shop Purchases.

10% Off All Classes

Monthly Newsletter

RANGE RATES
    The range rates are as follows:

Pistol Range is $14.00 per hour/$8.00 per 1/2 hour.

Owner supplied ammunition.

3D Archery $4.00 per round 5 targets

Standard archery Range $5.00 per hour

Air Rifle Range $5.00 Per hour

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

My Club is member maintained. Combined 25/50/100 yd rifle range with a seperate 300 yd rifle area. Trap/Skeet range, Club house, seperate 30 and 50 yd pistol range and a newly constructed cowboy action range. All facilities are out door, covered and the pistol range is heated. $50/year/member!

4. bkt

bkt New Member

I'm with a nice private club -- indoor pistol range, two outdoor pistol ranges, outdoor archery range, and 200yd rifle/shotgun range. Dues are $130/year these days. I would much rather shoot for $0.00 on public land, but there is no public land where I can shoot in or anywhere near my county.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I belong to a private club. I pay $100 a year and put in tons of hours of volunteer time. Only becuse I want to.

Mine is the IWLA. Look it up and see if one is near you.

6. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

I pay $20.00 per year. :cool:

7. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Nuttin. The desert is free....

8. azalps

azalps New Member

I also live in the desert, but with urban sprawl I find my self driving 50 mi to shoot; at least $20 in gas. My closet range is 20 mi $120 a year for family. No amenities, covered shooting areas but no club house or rest rooms.

9. firehammer

firehammer New Member

Yeah, this club does a Saturday maintenance thing every couple of weeks. It's voluntary as well but the more that show the quicker everybody gets to shoot.

10. firehammer

firehammer New Member

Found their web site.
    There is not even one in the state.... Much less my area. At least not within 100 miles. I may go back to the web site & check them out though.

11. JWIII

JWIII New Member

Dade City Rod and Gun Club... Outdoor range.

$75.00 initiation fee. $50.00 per year. Includes you, your spouse, and children under 18.

All the free targets you want.

25yrds and closer range, and a 50-100yrs range "bench shooting."

6 days a week, but only open from 9:00am-4:00pm...

Or if you’re not a member; its $10.00 all day "includes unlimited amount of targets."

12. MrRemmy

MrRemmy New Member

I am a member of the SSAA (Sporting Shooters Association of Australia) and it costs me $73 a year, that gives me discounts at SSAA shooting ranges, and discounts at some stores. :)

13. fapprez

fapprez New Member

I shoot at a public indoor range. A/C, Motorized target frames, restrooms, gun rentals and tons of ammo. It think it cost me $18 the last time I went. That includes 2 targets.

14. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Yeah, I'm about 30 miles from my shooting spot, but hopefully the Clark County Shooting Range will be open by next summer.

15. hudd357mag

hudd357mag New Member

Damn lucky. I used to pay about $16.50/hour for handgun range. Hard as hell to find any decent rifle ranges in St Louis area. Found a conservation area one that is free but a nice club called Benchrest is $250.00 a year? Too much for me to shoot rifles only now and then. Its a 2 hour drive from me. There is probably something in ILL but I hate going to that state. Corrupt as hell and dont want to come back missing half my guns.

16. cmarjeep

cmarjeep New Member

National Forest lands around here are plentiful. I drive up about 30 mins into the forest and shoot all I want for free.

17. JWIII

JWIII New Member

Is that in Georgia by any chance?

18. cmarjeep

cmarjeep New Member

Nope, California. I have two national forests within 45 minutes from me. I'm live outside of Sacramento.

19. Jack 08

Jack 08 New Member

I shoot up to 100yd in my back yard (.22 only).

Two buddies and I went to Thunder Gun Range on 2914 near 242 and it was $10 per gun with one free target (extras $1 and must use theirs).

It was nice enough but shooting .22 out back sure is convenient!

20. headhunter

headhunter Member

There's a bench 20 yds. off the back porch with a 40 yd backstop and another at 100 yds. The nearest neighbor is a half mile away- thought I'd have a cow when he started to build. If I need to shoot a little further, I've gotta drive 9 miles for a 300 yd range; makes me feel fortunate,after reading what has been noted here , they only charge $20/year.