How much do AKs cost today?????

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by truevil1313, Dec 25, 2008.

1. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

There is a gun show comming up this weekend in Houston, and I was wondering what to expect to pay for an AK. Anyone have a good idea of what they may be going for these days?

2. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Check gunsamerica and see what they are going for. It's going to depend on a lot of things for the cost and imoprts are drying up. Bare bones parts rifles might be around $500+ and custom jobs $1200+. Personally, I like the Arsenal made rifles. Just figure an average of $800+ more than likely.

3. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

they ranged from $350 to $800 for most models a while back, and now seem to be $500 to $1000. Of course, you can always find something higher or lower than the average range, so it's not a 100% rule...

I was thinking about getting a romie rpk parts kit (still a few of them out there for a decent price) and putting a shorter AK barrel on it. That might make a decent quality AK for a fair price, plus I could build it myself...

4. Businessoptics

Businessoptics New Member

I got my romanian AK-47 for about $500.00. I actually got it from my dad. He said if I gave him $200.00, it's mine!;) It hasn't let me down at all. It's a great gun. It's not the most accurate thing in the world but it will do the job. It's a .223 by the way. It's still by far my favorite gun that I have as of right now!;)

5. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Another fellow on another forum just got his Bulgarian Arsenal SA-93 for $525.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

About $500-700 if you can find them. Bud's sells out before they get to the web because of the email request list. That's how I got mine. Get on the list if your looking. If they contact you and you have changed your mind there's no obligation.

cb

7. DuckA

DuckA New Member

I've been to 4 gun shows in 6 weeks and the only AK's that I've seen under $600 have been Saigas. Even the WASR's have been in the $600-$700 range. This is in Georgia.

8. mpd8488

mpd8488 New Member

I picked up a WASR just after the election for 450 at a show in Richmond, Va. I don't know if the prices have gone up even more since then around here though.

9. Charley

Charley New Member

Right now prices are so crazy it just pretty much depends on what you want and how many there are for sale at a given time. I've seen WASR's go for anything from 450$ to as much as 900$ in the last few weeks. The higher end ones can run over a grand and some of the "Pre-Bans" from back before the AWB can go for 1500 to 1700 in some cases.

If you do some looking around you should be able to find a good basic AK rifle for around 500$ unless some type of ban creeps up in the next few weeks........

10. trustkill676

trustkill676 New Member

:sigh:

-i am in the state of constantly kicking myself for not buying one about 6 months ago when one of my local gunstore/range haunts had them in stock ranging generally from $350-$450... now it seems like they have all doubled in price (where i can even find them in stock). saw a pretty barebones AK47 with an underfolding stock in kansas city for $875 last thursday, and a lot of the internet prices are up into the $800+ mark as well.

-supply and demand at work...

11. Laufer

Laufer New Member

A guy on another gun website has his folding stock WASR for sale at about $600-700, but only FTF.
    Maybe at 'THR' or 'Thefiringline'.
    He states that it has never been fired and has only sat in his safe.

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Want a deal?

Here is a DEAL;
    only because I want a Colt 6920;
    Yours for only $2K;

[​IMG]

PM me for details.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009