how much ammo

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by 1911beast, Sep 6, 2011.

1. 1911beast

1911beast New Member

how much ammo do i need for 1 day of competition shooting

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

What type of shooting? how many courses of fire? How many classes are you shooting? Different courses and classes have different point systems and different round requirements. Also, how well do you shoot, will you hit the target with every shoot or is there a miss factor to add in?

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Each competition has a set number based on courses of fire. IDPA and USPSA normally state in their flyers how many (and you have to add some for misses).

Ask someone going to the next meet.

4. utf59

utf59 New Member

Some clubs/ranges with websites will post a notice with each match stating approximately how many rounds you should bring.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Local matches in IPSC/USPSA will generally have a round count of under 150. IDPA less than that.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That is why I quit competition. Not enough rounds. :)

Seriously, I've been to only a couple that required more than 500 rounds and those were International matches.

7. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

When I shot my first IDPA match, I thought the same thing. What they should do is REQUIRE you to make a certain number of shots inside the scoring zones instead of you just shooting til you think you got it. I bet there would be alot more shooting...at least on my part. HEHE!