how much ammo you buying?

Discussion in 'California Gun Forum' started by mountainman13, Aug 15, 2012.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Just another ruse to nail us to the wall. When it comes to criminals these law-makers (I use the word law reluctantly) run the other way. But when it comes to good citizens, hard-working, sacrificial, and striving for the better aspect of living, these monkeys decided it's safer to go after them. Why? Because they're not violent ... and won't strike back. :mad:

2. vincent

vincent New Member

I'd just love to know where they come up with these arbitrary numbers...1K rounds, 'high capacity mags'...:confused: 1K rounds is 3 or 4 trips to the range (depending on what I'm shooting that day)...I wonder if any of these azzhats buy more than one meal at a time at the grocery store, and if so, then a 'red flag' should be raised...:confused:

I got yer red flag right here...

Attached Files:

3. jglock22

jglock22 New Member

Yeah 1000 rounds of 22 can be bought really fast

4. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Only ammo I buy is 22 and 12ga....

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

1000 rounds?

m60.jpg

About 2 minutes worth.

Seriously, another group of idiots. If any of them ever had an original thought, it would die from loneliness.

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

If this passes I will not alter my shooting or purchasing habits one iota. If I am reported for purchasing a few thousand rounds then so be it. What are they going to do with the information? It will not be probable cause to do anything at all. If the Aurora shooter had raised any red flags through his purchases how would that have altered what happened? Up until the moment he implemented his nefarious plan there was not the slightest reason to detain him for questioning in order to determine what his plan was and even if there was he was under no obligation to divulge anything. Right to remain silent and all.

I certainly don't support the idea in any way, I'm just saying it is another useless waste of taxpayer time and money.

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

That's when you walk into a gun shop and say I'll take 999 rounds please.

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Personally I would do that, go into a store and take 50 boxes to the register then remove one single round and have them ring it up. ;)

I would not be surprised a bit if ammo dealers and manufacturers started packaging 999 packs. They could get Herman Cain to advertise it!:D

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Another good point that the legislators fail to see is that the average career criminal does not buy ammo in bulk, they use the rounds that were in the gun when they stole it or maybe buy one box.

I read this in one of the responses to the news story:
    So exactly how is this proposed legislation supposed to put a dent in crime?:confused:

10. jglock22

jglock22 New Member

Now is this one store how would they know if u go to one store then go to another to buy ammo

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

They wouldn't. The thing is that there are always ways to got around these laws. That's why they keep making more laws, case in point the bullet button. Manufacturers made parts to circumvent the law and still be legal, so now they want to make those parts illegal. It is death by a thousand cuts.

12. Gloves

Gloves New Member

This RIDICULOUS law idea is just as bad as New York's idea to limit the size of soft drinks.

• It takes 1 bullet to kill a person. Are they limiting me to 999 murders? (per day)
    • Can they just ring me up for 2 orders of 999?
    • Do most lunatics who shoot people with guns order more than 1000 rounds at a time? Or just that last one? AND did he buy all his ammo at once!?!?

O M G ! I got to quit reading this section of the forms. Before it's makes me crazy! :eek:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Actually I think it has been mentioned in this thread that the huge majority of criminals fire fewer than 50 rounds in their careers, or something like that.

14. Gloves

Gloves New Member

15. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I've bought two 550 packs of .22 before. Im almost certain everyone has. This is just another example of gun owners being nailed down due to one occurrence. This will not lessen crime. Most violent gun crimes are not anywhere near 1,000 rounds.

Then you got the taxpayer money used to enforce this, the extra power given to bureaucrats...

I cannot see how this will help. I also cannot see how any rational person could see this as helpful.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

OK, how about this idea. Pass a law that makes it mandatory to purchase a minimum of 1000 rounds or more when buying ammo.

See, the way this would work is that the bad guys are going to say "What??? I can't buy a box of 20 rounds so I can knock over that liquor store? WTF?? I don't need 1000 rounds, I just need enough to load my (stolen) mothereffin gun! I ain't gonna go to the range and practice shooting first! Sheeit, I'm outta here!"

See? Only real dedicated firearms enthusiasts will buy ammo in those quantities. The small time criminal won't take the cash out of his crack fund to spend on bulk ammo.

17. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Exactly!!!!

18. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

If you have a limited amount of ammo, you can only fight them for a limited time.
    Or maybe Im just paranoid.

19. Gloves

Gloves New Member

There are 2 types of ammo in my book.

• The type you practice with (cheaper ball ammo)
    • The type you fight / hunt with (hollowpoint or softpoint)

I usually like to keep it 90% / 10%
    SHTF, all out of fight ammo, practice stuff should work in a pinch.