How many times can you reload a shell?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by RufusTFirefly, Sep 11, 2011.

1. RufusTFirefly

RufusTFirefly New Member

Title pretty much says it all. I understand there are some variables, but those aside, as a general rule, how many times can a shell be reloaded?

Thanks

Rufus

2. Jay

Jay New Member

sorry, I didn't pick up on the shotgun part.....

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

3. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

by "shell" I would assume shot gun and not rifle.
    As for shot gun shells; Just depends on the shell. I use Remington STS's and get 7 to 9 reloads as a rule. I've done some winchesters and gotten 3 or 4. There are some higher end Winchester shells that can get you between 7 to 9 from what I hear but my reloader doesn't like Winshesters.
    get a few different kinds and keep track of how many times you reload them. As long as they aren't splitting, they're good for another round.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  4. RufusTFirefly

RufusTFirefly New Member

Yes, I was referring to shotgun shells. I didn't see a specific forum dealing with reloading topics, so I posted here on the shotgun forum.

Rufus

5. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

cool cool. What reloader you using?

6. RufusTFirefly

RufusTFirefly New Member

CourtJester, I do not even own a reloading setup yet, but I'm getting very interested. I was just asking about 'how many times', because I'm trying to do the math on how cost effective it will be. The bright shiny object so far in my research is the RCBS "The Grand" but the Dillon appears to be more fully automated.
    Rufus

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011