How many shells can I put in my shotgun?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Norwegian, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Norwegian

Norwegian New Member

Hi! This may be a silly question, but since i havent tried yet, why not ask you?

I have a Benelli Nova(amongst others) with a two round tube extension, making it a 7 shells-gun. Im wondering what kind of ammunition i can use to have 7 shells in it? The gun can fire 3,5" shells, but is there room for 7 of these? How many 2,5" can i put in it?

2. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Someone more knowledgeable may come and correct me....but I believe that the 7 shot number is for 2.5 and 3 only. 3.5 is going to lower the number of round s that your shotty will hold. This is, at least, my experience with the shotguns that I have....and I admit that I do not own a benneli. Have you tried feeding the different sizes to see how many will go? That would be a quick way to find out.

3. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Typically capacity is "marketed" in 2-3/4"/70mm hulls in a 12 ga. I think you'll have to try them all yourself and realize that there may well be a difference in capacity between using American (star-crimp) and longer European (carded roll-crimp) shells.

4. Norwegian

Norwegian New Member

Okey thank you. You have confirmed my thoughts on this issue. I will test next time i have 3,5" and 2,5" shells at home just to make sure.