How many rounds do you have laying around?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Ross82, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Malcap

Malcap Member

"Bunches!"

JimRau and Ross82 like this.
  2. prosa123

prosa123 Member

Not too many. A box of 20 for my 6.5x55, another box of 20 for my 30-30, about ten rounds for my 30-06, and 50 to 75 12-gauge shells, all birdshot.

Ross82 likes this.

3. eggbone

eggbone New Member

Several thousand. I cast and reload and I shoot a lot. I still have a few thou from hoarding during the oblama days.

Ross82 likes this.
  4. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

I’m hoping my prescription meds runout at the same time the ammo does. Lol if the shtf. Lol I don’t know how long the food will last, one case of mre ‘s, two cases of spam.

5. Mouser

Mouser Active Member

This is one of those threads that I'm interested in but am loath to write much...I am now into reloading so my ammo count is a little different than it used to be. I have enough that non-gun people would think I'm crazy, gun/shooting enthusiasts would say it is healthy, a hunter might say it is a little overkill, I say it is not enough especially in .22 ammo and 9mm bullets and powder and many on this forum would say 'is that all? nice start but really that is it?'

Dallas53 and Ross82 like this.
  6. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Active Member

I don't really know. When we moved to the farm, I stored it in an upstairs closet that extends over the front porch. One day, I noticed the boards sagged. Moved most of it to another part of the house. A conglomeration, admittedly. Most in .50 ammo cans.

In my experience, old ammo is more likely to be disappointing than devastating. This is especially true of opened powder containers and primers. Long ago, I made it a habit to use up a can before opening another. Also, discovered several cans of smokeless powder that, sitting side-by-side on shelves, ate through the metal cans. I accumulated four .50 ammo cans of loose rounds yet to be identified/sorted (mostly milsurp).

Ross82 likes this.
  7. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

First in first out!!!;)

8. NSP64

NSP64 New Member