How many of you own Kimber??

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Stillersfan, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Shortly, I am going to pick up my Kimber SS Pro Raptor II that I have on lay-a-way. Its a birthday present from my wife and 2 sons (but they dont know it yet).;) Anyway, just wanted to get a show of hands on who owns Kimbers. I also own a Kimber Ulra Carry II which is one of my EDC. Just love 1911's ...:D

2. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Mod please move to 1911 forum. :)

3. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Ultra Covert works for me.

Attached Files:

4. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Kimber Covert is a SA-WHEAT pistol.... Is it a carry pistol or strictly home defense?

5. omroi2001

omroi2001 New Member

Kimber Pro CDP II. Love mine.

6. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

It is pretty much the same as the Ultra II Carry, (see Kimber chart for specifics).
    Sweet; pretty much. Light Alloy Frame, Meprolight night sites and Crimson Trace Laser grips.

This shot is after a lawn mowing session this last summer, a bit dirty.

It's for carry, HD, plinking, pests AND BBQ's :)

I have a few shots in the dirty pics thread.
    http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/got-any-dirty-pics-1911s-71092/#post916232

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  7. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I need to still add a crimson laser on my ultra carry. I have them on all my carry pistols.

8. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have several Kimbers and love them. I recently picked up a pro carry II stainless and got a beautiful set of grips from Browns Custom Grips. I am having some trijicon sights put on as well. I will post some pics when I get it back. This stuff can be addicting!!!

9. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Cant wait to see those pics of that lovely lady... :D

10. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Love my Kimber TLE 2. Well over 1000 rounds and never a single problem. I don't particularly care for the factory rubber grips, so I ordered a set of African Blackwood slim grips from Sarge (Google Sarges grips) with his daily carry pattern stippling. .

Attached Files:

11. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

2 Kimbers, Stainless II and Ultra CDP II. Love 'em. No problems.

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Kimber Pro II with the Eclipse finish. Been an excellent pistol
    for about 10 years now.

Tack

13. ahamil11

ahamil11 New Member

Recently purchased a Kimber Stainless II .45acp about 5 months ago and it has been an absolute dream at the range. Over 900rds put through it without a single problem.

14. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Got a Kimber custom TLE/RL 2. I love it because of how accurate it is. My estimated round count on it is somewhere in the 2000-2500 ish range. At least I think. Never any problems due to the gun although did have one do to some bad winchester ammo. The case was about 1/8" too long and it wouldn't go into battery. Only so much can be said for that. Just ordered some new springs because if I remember right the recoil spring is suppose to be replaced around 2500 rounds.

15. hmh

hmh New Member

10 year old cdp custom II. Thousands of rounds (shot local competition) no issue that wasn't fixed with new magazine springs. My preferred carry piece. And my wifes favorite firearm. Has hand engraved numbers under the slide.

Attached Files:

16. Transman

Transman New Member

Got three of um,a compact custom 4",a TLE2 converted to 460 Rowland,crazy accurate,and a Eclipse in 10mm.All great guns,no problems.

17. Max-Q

Max-Q New Member

I've got three. I have a Pro TLE/RL, Ultra CDP II and a Tactical Entry II.

Never had a problem with any of them. I carry the CDP concealed daily and I used Pro TLE/RL for SWAT for years. Now I carry the Tactical Entry on patrol.

18. ahamil11

ahamil11 New Member

I purchased a full size Kimber Stainless II .45acp about six months ago and absolutely love it. Almost 1,000rds through it so far without a single hick-up or feed problem. Highly recommended..

19. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

Very nice ctshooter!

20. konrado

konrado New Member

I own 3 Kimbers all in 45 cap. Classic Gold Match, Pro CDP II,