How many have a LCR-22LR and...

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by TimKS, Aug 7, 2013.

1. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

what do you think of them? I've heard bad things about their trigger pull. Any experienced with this gun? :confused:

2. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

This is the one Ruger I own that I am not happy with. I got it for the wife to use thinking it would be a small easy gun for her to use. The trigger pull is so stiff and hard I even have a tough time shooting it. I havent really searched yet for some kind of trigger job I can do on it like I found for my SPS101.
    I would strongly recommend shooting one before you buy, if that is possible.

Ken

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

When we were searching for a second 22 for the Mz. we tired out the Smaller(caliber) LCR since she already carries an LCR 38+P and keeps the SP101 @ home...she tried out both the LR & the 22Mag. and was not happy with the pull either although she likes the overall feel. we are looking into something with a longer barrel tho for .22...

4. danolator

danolator New Member

It's a great little gun. I carry it while working on my property. Delivers rat shot right where I want it every time. I have no issues with the trigger at all. My range groupings are very tight with this plinker.

5. TimKS

So.........two out of three think the trigger is crap? That pretty much goes along with what I've heard.

I do have a LCR .357 mag. that has a great trigger on it. I wonder why the difference in similar guns....?

6. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I have one and it is pretty accurate for such a short barrel DAO. The trigger leaves a lot to be desired but after shooting it for a while you really appreciate the triggers on your other guns. So that's a plus.

I do not think there is an effective trigger job for it yet because the DAO rimfire has to have such a heavy strike to reliably ignite.

7. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

Rimfire needs a lot heavier spring to punch that rim primer to ignite.

Lighten that ,and you get FTF .

The LCR 22 has a better trigger than most, although it is very heavy compared to centerfire.

Jim

8. TimKS

Ha, that reminds me of the guy hitting himself on the head with a hammer....because it felt so good when he quit. :D

9. TimKS

The heavy spring makes sense, but you'd think they could design a release that would work a bit smoother.

10. DrFootball

Tim: I didn't say "it's crap" I said it's a stiff Trigger. My wife equates .22's with Fun!! her Buckmark is FUN(as long as i keep it clean for her!!) The 10/22 i gave her(with an OLD school collapsable folding mini-14 style stock) is Fun...
    To her a "Heavy" trigger is "work"(like the "92's we now carry for Volunteer AUX LE work) her magnums are work....YMMV...

11. TimKS

I guess I put those words into your mouth, didn't I? Sorry...but I equate a 'hard' or 'work' trigger to crap. I don't want to get used to a hard trigger and then pick up my carry gun that has a smooth easy trigger. That a recipe for having shots on their way before I'm ready. ;)

12. DrFootball

True Tim,..but that's in your MINDSET! I know the difference between a Gun I shoot for "Fun" and a Gun I shoot for SD/HD.....I also know by the FEEL of my Gun where my "set" should be....But thats me. I'm very lucky I had a GREAT shooting inst. In WOCS (back then you had 2 weeks of range work. If you passed "basic" with the S&W 38,...you could Qual with a 45(your own purchased or one of theirs) and later on once we went over to the M9 everyone had to do 25 hrs. of training with that as well.

13. TimKS

I call it muscle memory. :D