How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by User Name, Sep 9, 2010.

1. User Name

User Name New Member

I saw this on another forum and thought it was about right.

How many Forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

2. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

That'll happen.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

4. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

Since this post is basically about lightbulbs, shouldn't it be in the "Firearm Accessories & Gear" section?

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Shouldn't it be compact fluorescent lamp (CFL)?

Attached Files:

6. bkt

bkt New Member

WRONG!

That should read "19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum". Note the space between "light" and "bulb".

(Sorry. It had to be done.)

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Shouldn't it be lamp?

They did!

GE Light Bulb Plant to Close: Congress, Big Government Destroys 200 More Jobs

Death By 1000 Papercuts

8. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Here on FTF you'd have to add Klaus telling us that German lightbulbs never need replacing, Benning's other personality (Soviet spy) claiming that in Soviet Russia lightbulbs change you and NGIB posting pictures of the lighthouse searchlight that he got in a trade for a couple of half burned birthday candles. :)

9. Dano50

Dano50 New Member

Isn't this a forum about firearms? WTF

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

They forgot about the fanboy wars over incandescent and CFL and the new wave LED.

11. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I worked for GE for 76 years and I can say with absolute certainty that the term “light bulb” is supposed to have a space between light and bulb but that it has actually been replaced all together with “lamp”.

And WTF should end with a question mark.

12. bkt

bkt New Member

No, it shouldn't.

(Now you reply "Yes it should" and we'll go back and forth this way for a week.)

13. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Yes it should.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

And at least one Glock fan posting pictures of a plastic light bulb.

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You forgot the 5 members arguing about whether a 9 joule or 45 watt bulb was better.

16. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

17. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Yeah, I have a bunch of them in my house right now. Mercury containing money savers is my view. I switched years ago, cut the electrical bill in my house quite a bit, enough to pay for the switch many times over at this point. I'll switch to LED once they come down in price a bit, I don't think that will be to far off.

18. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Quoted for the EFFING Truth!! :)