How many fly the flag?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gojubrian, May 28, 2010.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

How many folks here have the U.S. flag waving at their residence?

I don't, but I'm changing that tomorrow. I'm ashamed for not doing this sooner really. :eek:

Any other flags you fly?

I think I"d like the don't tread on me one too.

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I don't currently but I'm renting my house and there is no place to hang one. When I own my house I will have the flag waiving high. Next to it will be the Marine Corp flag.

3. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Well yeah, this is America and all proud Americans need to show their devotion to this great country by flying it's colors. God bless America and may God bless us all.

4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

September 11th, 2001 we woke up and our flag has been proudly on display at our home every day since that awful moment. :(

God Bless America!!!

5. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

That is a definite yes. We fly the Stars & Stripes proudly.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I do not because I can not fly it properly so I fly it in my heart.....

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

National colors at my place- EXCEPT- POW flag for Memorial Day and Armed Forces Day- and the Union Jack for Her Majesty's Birthday. (My lady is a Brit)

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

What do you mean? :confused:

9. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

When I get my own place I am going to fly the American flag and the rebel battle flag bellow it. I will also remain obedient to America's most profound tradition, shootin stuff.

10. mcramer

mcramer New Member

have one hanging under a solar light at the peak of the shop

11. ALSGUN

ALSGUN New Member

Stars and Stripes proudly fly year round at my place:)

12. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

We put one up right after 911, with a spotlight on it at night. I have thought about getting Confederate Flag to fly on Confederate Memorial Day.

13. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

I live too far out in the woods and off the road for anyone to see my flag. So I only put it out during memorial day. The rest of the year it's put up.

14. brandy

brandy New Member

In our gated enclave here in Key West of 350 homes,

there are about 5 flags, although probably 20% of homeowners and renters are current or ex military. Heck, the GD college here doesn't even have a flag pole (but they do have a course in transgendered studies). In town there are more rainbow flags than anything else except obscene T shirts worn by drunk tourists. (If you don't know what a rainbow flag is... well "don't ask and don't tell".):)
    In my summer home (WY), there are almost zero except at the VFW, Post Office, Town hall and my home. Heck the cost of a flag will buy a case of Bud Lite!

[​IMG]

15. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Many people fly the flag improperly, especially when they fly it at night. If it's flown at night, it's supposed to have a light shining on it. Otherwise, it should come down at dusk, be folded properly, and put away.

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

365 days a year. :cool:

Jack

17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

My flag is up! It came with the rules on how to properly fly and care for the flag. I'm going to study it tonight. :)

18. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I wish more people did what you are doing. I can't count the times I've seen the flag fly improperly or the thing is so worn out it looks like a dish towel. It literally breaks my heart to see the flag being mistreated.

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Ok, I've read some things that have made me angry. I always knew it was bad etiquette to wear the flag, but it is against the Flag Code! I saw a bunch of clothes made up of the U.S. flag at wallyworld today. :mad:

Now I know why my old karate teacher disliked Chris Rocj so much, that guy wors a ragged flag alot of times...........among other things. :rolleyes:

20. gilfo

gilfo Member

Need to change mine it's getting a little worn.