How many firearms for defense in your house?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Yunus, Nov 6, 2010.

1. 0, I'll just wait for the cops

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. 1

15 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. 2, Biceps don't count

21 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. 3

30 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. 4-10

50 vote(s)
    37.9%
  6. >10, I regularly injure myself tripping over my guns

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I'm asking only about firearms that are ready to be used. Not locked in a safe or sitting on a table in the middle of a cleaning. I mean firearms that when you feel startled you are able to grab in a few seconds.

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My 45, my wife's 38 and a shotgun are ready at all times.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Three, two handguns and a shotgun.

4. hogrider

hogrider New Member

I have NO kids in the house anymore, so every weapon I have is loaded and available. That's one good thing about an empty nest.

5. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

12 GA Mossy with 3.5" Buckshot
    357 mag K frame for the little lady
    and my 45 ACP Colt 1911

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I only have one gun and it's in a safe next to my bed.

I, too, have an empty nest but I still keep my gun locked. I have a much loved granddaughter that spends a lot of time at my house, often spending the night. I don't want any accidents to happen.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

3 two 1911's and either my ruger sr556 or my mossberg 590. right now my sr556 has a 30 mag of 223 varmint grenades loaded up. i like the sr cuz of the cmpact size allowing me to hide it easy but still have a rifle i can grab fast.

i waffle tween the rifle and shotgun. everything else is in the safe.

8. hogrider

hogrider New Member

Your concerns are well founded. But when I say empty nest it's empty. Daughter and granddaughter are 3000 miles away. No over-niters here. So all weapons are loaded and ready. Of course when I'm lucky enough for a visit, they all are locked up just as you.

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

At the moment I have none as all the guns I have are rifles. For various reasons I feel more confident wielding either my baseball bat, the demolition axe of the hurling stick within the confines of my home. :D

Hopefully sometime soon I will settle on a shotgun that can pull double duty - home defense and hunting/clay shooting ;)

10. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I am prepared with a ruger 9 mm and a S&W 38 snubbie. No little ones around so they are unlocked.

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Although I voted for 4-10 firearms, I really have only 4 defending my residence. That is myself and my 3 dogs. The firearms are readily available (like all tools should be).

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

None since the horrible boating accident...........
    minnow.jpg

13. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

OPSEC requires my answer to be.....Enough! :cool:

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Yes, a sad day indeed, C3. I would have said that all of them are available, but now they are only available to the giant squids and the like. *sniffle* Just when I was about to get over that incident. *dialing my therapist*

I have my place protected and that is all.

15. sebbie

sebbie New Member

party friends

I have friends all over the house. Last names are Browning, Ruger, Mr Smith & Mr Wesson, two beefy guys named Remington and Mr Bush Master, and some guys from another cult named Cold Steel.

I am kind of far away from police help. :rolleyes:

16. hnealg

hnealg New Member

Bedroom: 12 ga. Mossberg, .45 Taurus 24/7 as well as my carry weapon, Glock 19

Office: SKS

Living room: .38 +p snubbie

in the safe: several with loaded mags next to them. (1911, Taurus 709, Mini-14, AK

Zombies, beware! :D

17. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Two shotguns,(one 12 and one 20 ga) one lever action rifle (44 mag) and never less than two pistols (at least one 1911). Nothing says love for the bad guys like the gift of lead. And I want them to know I care.:D

18. FreedomFighter69

FreedomFighter69 New Member

Posted 2. A 44 Mag loaded with 44 specials, and a 45 ACP.
    The wife gets the 44, I get the 45 !

19. notamoocher

notamoocher New Member

My carry gun is always close by. First floor my wifes 38 and 12 gauge pump. Second floor 9mm hi-point carbine with several mags. Plan on having more hi-points in time. But all this will change soon, granddaughter is learning to walk. Thinking about getting the pistol safe which opens by your finger tips.