Firearms Talk banner

How many .38/.357 Magnum do you have in revolver collection?

6K views 62 replies 49 participants last post by  boatme98 
#1 · (Edited)
In my .38/.357 Magnums collection I have seven revolvers
Taurus 65 4",66 4",& 605 Snuby
Ruger SP 101 3", GP 100 4.2"Match Champion.
S&W 686-3 4.2"
EAA .38/.357 4"

Reactions: dango
#4 ·
I only have one .357, an old Smith 65-2. I would have to dig out papers to tell you how many .38 S&W and .38 Specials I have but a good guess would be about a dozen.

I always carry a semi-auto, but every once in a while, I have to spin the wheel.

#18 ·
I can't imagine how I would grip that gun for accurate shooting. Then again, at my age and state of health, that 8" barrel might be hard to hold up.

#21 ·
4 S&W Mdl 66s, 1@2-1/2-inches, 2@4-inches, 1@6-inches; a 327 Night Guard; a 6-inch Mdl 19; and, a 6-inch Mdl 27-2. Except for the night guard they all are original to me and date from 1976 or 1977, and I still have the original boxes, and paperwork.

The Night Guard was an impulse buy a couple of years ago. The guy at the LGS, had it hidden in the back room, and while he was at the SHOT show, she found it and put it in the case.

The oldest revolver I own, and the only 38 Special, is a 1954 K38 Masterpiece in what appears to be the original box, with the original paperwork, that I bought at an estate sale. The original owner was supposedly one of Elmer Keith’s deputies way back when, but I’ve never tried to verify that. I bought the gun because it is in very good condition, but with the expected holster wear for a carry gun of it’s age.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.