how long do Co2 powerlets last??

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by bushtucker, Jan 2, 2009.

1. bushtucker

bushtucker New Member

Gday all,
    I'm looking at purchasing a gamo .177 pump repeater air rifle, but i was wondering how many shots you get out of a standard Co2 powerlet. any info appreciated.

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

In experience of past, they usually last 20-30 shots in pistol, and 15-25 shots in rifle.

3. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

yeah, it also depends on what temp it is. if its really cold or really hot they die pretty fast. im also assuming its a 12 gram cylinder? stalkingbear got it down pretty good. whats the reason for a pellet gun?

4. bushtucker

bushtucker New Member

yeh 12gram cylinder. air rifle would be used for small birds, and plinking. I dont really need it but it came up reasonably cheap - $160, and i like the idea of a pump repeating air rifle!! I had hoped Co2 cylinders would last longer.

The rifle is a G1200 Gamo. has anyone had any experience with this rifle?

5. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

While I'm not familiar with that exact model, it's the nature of them in that the higher muzzle velocity, the quicker the co2 will run out.

6. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

have you tried looking at a gas/pump model. i had one when about 13 yrs ago and it was fun. it took bb's and pellets. cant remember what make and model it was or the velocity it had but i killed lots of birds with it and i think my first rabbit

7. bushtucker

bushtucker New Member

thanks stalking bear.

sgtdeath do you mean one where u pump it up for every shot such as a sheridan blue/silver streak, or benjamin rifle?? I like the look of the sheridans but havent seen one on the second hand market over here for a while. Dont know where you would get one new here in Aus.

8. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

one that you can pump it from 1- 10 times depending on velocity you want and you can also put in a co2 cartridge if wanted