How It Usually Happens:

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by gorknoids, Jul 26, 2010.

1. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I wonder now if this mother will think about ways to stop being a victim. THese types that are doing home invasions are very dangerous. I don't think it's the run of the mill dope head anyway.All the more reason to be ready. No matter where you live. That kind of stuff happens out here in the country too.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

As the economy gets worse by the day - expect much more of this. It's truly sad that many folks think they're "protected" because they have a phone and can dial 911. Unless an LEO lives at your house, calling 911 won't do much good if the BGs kick in your door...

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

They were blessed that they weren't harmed. As far as the criminals, they need hanging.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Around here, the only "home invasion" robberies we have are perpetrated against drug dealers or people that keep large amounts of untaxed cash on hand.
    If you are the average Joe, you are VERY unlikely to fall prey to this type of crime.

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

IIRC, that is not a bad part of town.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You, ah, got a map of such places Robo? :confused::rolleyes:

You know, as a door prize for the FTF Meet & Greet :cool:

7. Fleetman

Fleetman New Member

Not true about Texas robocop10mm, at least in the Houston area.....home invasions DO occur to everyday-type people, not just the drug dealers or people with large amounts of untaxed cash. Close the borders and a lot of the crime will go down...harsher punishment for offenders when caught will further reduce crime.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'm glad to see no one was hurt but IMO, things like this are a wake up call for everyone. I agree with NGIB, as the economy continues to get worse you will see these things more and more. Not long ago there was a rash of break ins in my area and I live out in the country. They were doing it during the day while folks were at work. I've been walking in my house after work with my Kimber in hand for months now. Next year is going to be ugly, prepare yourself.