How is your 2009 hunting season turning out?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Bohica6-284, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Bohica6-284

Bohica6-284 New Member

PA had tough hunting this year as did SC, I was wondering how things are going in other parts of the country?

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't hunt them, but enjoy their company in my back yard.

Attached Files:

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've dropped one so far but I haven't spent as much time in the woods as I would have liked.

4. adamhale

adamhale New Member

my deer season is over i killed a small button buck at the begining of archery season and this one second day of shotgun season. Now it is time for coyotes.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  5. adamhale

adamhale New Member

here he is

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  6. Bohica6-284

Bohica6-284 New Member

Nice buck you got there. I'm seriously considering hunting in Michigan next year. A customer of mine gave me some good info and I've started doing some homework on it.

7. SeaWolf

SeaWolf New Member

PA dismal

For 30 straight years I've been fortunate in PA to score a nice buck in PA, seeing alot of deer. With the new PA game commission rules of if it's brown it's down, and Amish in our area shooting anything that moves, have drawn it down to seeing one deer a good thing. My son and I are PA residents, but looking to other states, the game commission has reduced it down to nill. All of my co-workers, church members and friends are experiencing the same dismal view. When will the game commission wake up to shooting off everything and true mgmt? Looks like the insurance companies have gone to bed with the game commission.

8. Bohica6-284

Bohica6-284 New Member

The past 2 seasons have been similar..actually the past 3 if I really thing about it. I think the PA game commision needs to go back to the 3 day doe season. On the other hand, I do agree with the youth seasons, I feel it is very important to take every measure to ensure hunting in the future and if a young hunter has a few fruitless years it's very likely they will just give it up. The only thing left now is hunting on Sundays, the PAGC has already opened up every other door to make more money. It's unfortunate, but on the farm my family and I hunt we are going to take some measure to ensure a future of hunting. Myself and a few other family member are considering Michigan instead for next years hunting season.

9. adamhale

adamhale New Member

In ohio we have three zones the zone am in i can shot 2 deer one permit is for a antler less deer and the other is for one of either sex I think Ohio does a pretty good job on insuring many more years of hunting.

10. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

ive been out once, I guess Im not supposed to hunt this year. its rained practically everyday im off work during hunting season.

11. Silvertip 44

Silvertip 44 New Member

I got two this year, a 6 point and a doe and got them both with one of each of my NM M1A's. I plan to hunt a good bit next year with one of my Garands.

The rain and cold wind ran me off the camp last week so it appears my hunting this year is over. All it does is rain and blow here now in middle Georgia.

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Been out a few times. Not that much into it. I seen 7 one day spooked one coming into my spot then seen 2 out of range, then one came out 60 yards in front of me offered me a perfect broad side shot and i effing miss the thing. Seen a few more and my buddy took one small button buck that day and we left.

I have been out once after that and seen nothing not even a bird that day. I need to get off my duff and make it down to the farm and see if I can't score a nice big buck.

13. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I was out my 2nd day of whitetail season,and a huge doe came across the river right at me,about 30 yards out.I pulled out my .444 and took a shot,down she goes like she was hit by a bus.I went down to her and she was still alive,but stopped breathing seconds later.Come to find out I made a terrible shot,inbetween the vitals and stomach.I guess the gun did the job I couldn't do with my marksmanship.I know what gun i'm using next year,the same one!

14. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I shot 1 big doe first day of PA rifle. I hunted the whole first week and the last saturday. Saw a few bucks and alot of smaller does, but nothing worth shooting.
    Flintlock comes in the day after christmas, last call if you will.
    Its becoming my favorite season, just hope the snow sticks around & it doesn't rain all season like it did the last couple years.
    Rain and Flint dont mix:rolleyes:---Gate

15. Win73

Win73 Member

I have four does so far this season. None of them big enough to brag about. Got one during muzzleloader season, then three with .30-06. Going to concentrate on trying to get a buck or two the remaining five weeks of the season.

16. SeaWolf

SeaWolf New Member

Kansas

Well, we all decided at camp to blow off PA buck season to head for some very large Kansas whitetail. Friends at church are blowing off PA to head to Ohio and another camp to Iowa.

17. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

today was last day of deer season for me. nothing at all this year.

18. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I finally got to go hunting yesterday but all the nice bucks are nocturnal right now. I sat out in the freezing rain/snow in the blind for several hours but only saw birds eating at the feeders.
    Nothing was moving around in the AM today and when I went back out around 4PM a spike was about 120yrds away just watching me.I sat down my gear slowly and tried to get a shot with my Winchester 94 44 Mag,but as soon as I raised it to take aim he took off for the woods.

Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.