2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think this would get the job done?

Make my day.jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
That's pretty cool but I'm thinking open carry or mounted to a tracked vehicle...:eek:

...and I think 40 mm is the smallest grenade. Anything below that is a signaling device.

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
That's pretty cool but I'm thinking open carry or mounted to a tracked vehicle...:eek:

...and I think 40 mm is the smallest grenade. Anything below that is a signaling device.
I bet an enterprising caster/reloader could send a very clear signal with such a device, something along the lines of "NOT WELCOME".

·
Administrator
26,159 Posts
There ARE grenades smaller than 40 mm. 30mm was standard for the Warswaw Pact in the AGS-17 Plamyja Grenade Launcher. Whether you have a destructive device or a signaling device is driven in part by what can fire.

As far as handloading, grenade lauchers use an unusual hi pressure/low pressure system- otherwise it would blow the firearm apart, and cripple the shooter with recoil.

Shame, tho- would make one hell of a shotgun!

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
There ARE grenades smaller than 40 mm. 30mm was standard for the Warswaw Pact in the AGS-17 Plamyja Grenade Launcher. Whether you have a destructive device or a signaling device is driven in part by what can fire.

As far as handloading, grenade lauchers use an unusual hi pressure/low pressure system- otherwise it would blow the firearm apart, and cripple the shooter with recoil.

Shame, tho- would make one hell of a shotgun!
I'd always heard there were 40 mm shot shells for our M203's but never actually saw or fired one? May have been "urban legend"?

Tack

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
That is one tarted up Redhawk. The pin at the top of the grips and the
one below the ejector rod make me wonder if the whole frame is plated
with "stuff".

·
Registered
382 Posts
Tackleberry1 said:
I'd always heard there were 40 mm shot shells for our M203's but never actually saw or fired one? May have been "urban legend"?

Tack
They were 40mm for the 203's (when I was in at least as well). I didn't know about the smaller diameter grenade rounds though, pretty cool.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
View attachment 53319

Oh, you mean like THIS ^ ? Did not work that well. But yeah, they did make them.
C3...your ability to track down obscure information is rapidly becoming the stuff of Internet lore. You're like the cyber version of the Old Time Guru that Bob Lee Swagger visits in the film Shooter. :cool:

Tack

·
Registered
748 Posts
C3...your ability to track down obscure information is rapidly becoming the stuff of Internet lore. You're like the cyber version of the Old Time Guru that Bob Lee Swagger visits in the film Shooter. :cool:

Tack
Played by one of the best musicians of our time the late, great Levon Helm

·
Administrator
26,159 Posts
I told them they could use that line, but that they had to change Amarillo to Teralingua, and they could NOT use my shovel this time.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlokCn3j8B0[/ame]

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts