How is the glock tac rail light?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by EMTchad, Nov 9, 2011.

1. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Anybody have the glock taclight for the rail?
    If so how is it? Because I just ordered one

2. AOK

AOK New Member

I have a Streamlight TLR1 on my Glock 23 for almost two years now. I love it, easy to manipulate, bright, sturdy, and I like how it sticks out past the muzzle. One thing I recommend if you go shooting with it is to put some tape over the lense to protect it from excessive gun powder and residue. Unless of course you are are practicing and/or training in low light/no light conditions.

3. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Thanks mate, but I was talking about the "glock" manufactured tac light. It's specifically made by glock for glocks.

4. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Its cheap quality, not very bright, a pain to clean and will melt. And good luck finding a holster for it. I went through 2 of them. Spend the extra little bit and get a steamlight.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

5. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

I'm hearing that the light itself should be led but the quality Is sturdy and doesn't melt. Hmm..

6. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 New Member

I have the Glock tactical light GTL-21 with the light/laser combo and I love it, very durable, locks into place, and easily removable if I want to put it on my G17c, G21, G22, or G37... I absolutely love it and you won't be disappointed, will work great on your protection piece also

7. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Thank you! That's what I'm talking about, I just needed a light on my backup piece. He said it melts... Read the comment above mine. I never heard of it melting. That means the magazine would melt also since it has the most contact with heat.. He seems fishy.

8. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 New Member

I have never heard of any melting and yes the same polymer material that the mags are made from are also used for the GTL's. There are other companies comparable to these lights but I personally accessorize my Glock with Glock items. I doubt this other guy has actually witnessed any melting or experienced any problems due to the lack of info to back his claim

9. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 New Member

I also noticed you're an EMT, just curious where? I'm a firefighter/EMT in upstate NY and there are a few places here that I will carry concealed due to the location and the subjects/patients involved

10. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

You asked, I answered. Call me fishy if you want. From my experience with the gtl21 after a day of breach and clears, I noticed the lense cover and cover housing were covered in powder and melted. I called glock, they replaced it. The new one I recieved did the same thing.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  11. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Oh man that is awesome, I'm an EMT field training officer in Los angeles , ca. I too wish I can conceal carry here because of how dangerous it gets in LA. unfortunately calfornia has the crappiest hippy laws.

12. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 New Member

New York isn't much better, only 10 round clips allowed and a boat load of carry regulations to go with it. NY and California usually do the same things when it comes to politics, laws, and schooling. I carry my G26 with me when I go POV to the scenes of medical calls because just just never know. A fellow medic here was shot and killed last year when he responded to a "generic" medical call

13. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

See, I would like to do the same, but I don't have a conceal carry permit

14. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 New Member

That's too bad because a great concealed carry pistol with the rail would be the G30 or G30sf, can put the GTL-21 right on there and still keep it fairly concealed... That will be another one of my future purchases along with the 10mm and 357 Glock models